Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find my meter box?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hey there

I know this a long shot but said i'd try.

Just moved into to Elderwood avenue, boreenmanna road cork and I can't find the meter box. Want to switch electricity to Bord gaid energy. kinda waiting on the landlord to sort a couple of other things so don't want to initiate contact in the mean time- sick of dealing with them.

so was just wondering if anyone has lived there before and could direct me to where its located?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

The meter box would be outside for access by the meter reader. The duplex ones seem to have 4 meter boxes at ground level. When you find them, the best way to identify yours if they are not labelled would be to get a friend to look at all four meters (which can be opened with a special meter box triangular key), while you switch on and off an electric shower or some other high energy appliance. Your assistant will see the meter wheel slow and speed up when you switch the appliance on/off. Mobile phone handy to communicate while doing this. Hope this was of some use.

Advertisement