Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-set comic of yesteryear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That's fantastic stuff, man. Very enjoyable and realistic read. I'm a Metal head myself, so I can totally relate to this story. How many poeple worked on that comic?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

On this strip there was three; the writer of the short story, the artist,- and last and most definitely least: myself.
    There was three stories in the issue, this one 'Safe Home' and 'The bank job' and 'until the end of the world' all with different writers and artists. This was by far my personal favourite, but the other two had their merits. I'll scan them in also for you just as soon as I get 'round to it.

Cheers for the feedback. It's nice to think of more people getting to see this after all this time.

EDIT:Also you have the coolest username ever.

Haha, thanks, man. I "borrowed" it from one of my favourite songs.

Yeah, very impressed by this strip. It's very well told, and the fact that it's home grown makes it that much better too. I'd quite like to read the others if they get posted up.

Been seriously considering comic writing myself over the last few months. Wouldn't have a clue where to start though, as my art is... eh.. Ok, I don't do art.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

Well I wanna do another one of these just for Jolly...

So if you're interested:I don't know if you've ever read it but 'understanding comics' by scott mc cloud is the best place to start. When I am made Emperor it will be on every school syllabus.

Also storytelling and draughtsmanship are two different skills so I wouldn't let that bother you.

Cheers for the info, man. I must check them out and see if I can get a grasp as to which way to turn.
    I've been reading comics for the last ten years or so. Mostly Marvel, but I went through a 2000AD stage a few years back too. So it's always kinda been at the back of my mind to start something myself, but it's only in recent months that I've really started thinking about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement