Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordoned off bits of footpath - keep well clear

Options
  • 11-01-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭

There are a few bits of footpath around town that have been cordoned off with traffic cones and tape, because there are pieces of building that were damaged to by the ice (water got in, froze and shrank, then expanded when it melted and caused things to break).

When going past these places, it's a good idea to head for the other side of the the road, not just duck around the outside of the cones.

Let's just say that the person who decided where to put the cordon might not have calculated the likely trajectory of falling objects so well.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

JustMary wrote: »
    There are a few bits of footpath around town that have been cordoned off with traffic cones and tape, because there are pieces of building that were damaged to by the ice (water got in, froze and shrank, then expanded when it melted and caused things to break).
    That big apartment and cinema complex in Salthill looks like its been thru the wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a cinema in Salthill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yes, here in MI6 Headquarters the Bailey Point.
    baileyfront_31125928_270605.283712.jpg
    It never opened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Never realised BailyPoint had a front garden :-S
    Amazing what a photo can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

JustMary wrote: »

When going past these places, it's a good idea to head for the other side of the the road, not just duck around the outside of the cones.

Let's just say that the person who decided where to put the cordon might not have calculated the likely trajectory of falling objects so well.

:rolleyes:

Water expands when it freezes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

i presume the OP is referring to the building on the corner of Cross Quay St & Quay Street opposite Neachtains?

I saw this as well, but there is very little i would think that can be done without having major structural works...which i doubt any business can afford these days, let alone one that sells the odd Claddagh Ring.

Not sure how this is going to pan out? But there would be a few places around and about in similar condition.

Advertisement