Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW RNS-510 Radio Navigation System

• 11-01-2011 2:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭

Hi there, i'm totally new to this so have a quick question if anybody could help.

I was looking into getting a RNS-510 Radio Navigation system installed in my 2005 Golf Mk5. Can it be installed in the Mk5? Has anybody had this installed in their Golfs and what kind of price did it come to for the system and installation? Where abouts could i get it installed if i bought one myself?

I have seen one for sale one on ebay for €718.00 but according to Volkswagen.ie they come in at around €2,303.00 to get it through them. Seems a huge difference there. Is this normal?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It can be installed. My limited knowledge is not going to be much use to you but there were problems with some versions and incompatible can bus in the car causing battery drain. It might turn up with some googling. The info is definitely there somewhere but loads of people have retrofitted the 510 in MK 5s. Just do some homework!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Try a query on vagdrivers.net. You may even get a cheaper one there. It can be installed but you'll need an additional antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

This crowd seem cheap enough -

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/satnav-vw.shtm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Seems to be a good bit of info on it over on vagdrivers.net. I will continue to look into it as it seems you can get them for way better than off VW.ie. A differnence i expected but not to the extent that they are.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

I have one in my MKV, was plug and play for me.
    As GPF101 says, it depends on the can bus version.
    Think the can bus version changed in '05 so you might be lucky.
    If you want to pm me I can give you the number of a guy who supplies and
    installs them for a lot less that VW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement