Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Sharing Over Router

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Guys

I am trying to connect my laptop with is connected to the router via Wireless and my desktop PC witch is connected to the router via standard LAN cable. Basically i want to share files printer etc is it possible for this to be done if so how ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

waterford1 wrote: »
    Basically i want to share files printer etc is it possible for this to be done if so how ?

Yes. First you actually need to share the folders/printers on one computer. Then the other computer can find and access the shares through Network Neighbourhood. If you've having trouble browsing to the computer's shares.then you can also try Start > Run and type \\computername where 'computername' is the name of the computer with the shared resources. If you're still stuck then makre sure to post the operating systems for each computer as instructions can vary slightly.

Advertisement