Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I type in my phone number and see what internet providers exist?

• 11-01-2011 3:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a site for this?

Tell me who I can get and at what speeds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

No, but you could try the likes of www.getbroadband.ie or www.callcosts.ie

At least there are links to the various provider's websites so it's a matter of checking each one to see if a service is available in your area. Some of the individual sites have line checkers, but not as detailed as to tell you what speeds to expect - just whether or not your line is capable of receiving broadband or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Also some areas have better broadband option than DSL over phone line.

Really you need to contact all ISPs

The official sites are years out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

jeckle wrote: »
    No, but you could try the likes of www.getbroadband.ie or www.callcosts.ie

At least there are links to the various provider's websites so it's a matter of checking each one to see if a service is available in your area. Some of the individual sites have line checkers, but not as detailed as to tell you what speeds to expect - just whether or not your line is capable of receiving broadband or not.

Yeah as I thought.

Those 2 websites are pretty useless. Typical Irish websites.

I typed in 2 different locations and apparently there are no broadband packages available, which is untrue. I have already had the O2 wireless dongle out on trial and it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

O2, Meteor, Three and Vodaphone "dongles" / Wireless / Mobile isn't Broadband at all.

See http://www.techtir.ie/comms/mobile-vs-fixed
    and http://www.techtir.ie/forums/internet-faq

Advertisement