Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flaming Lips at Allypally?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Alexandra Palace in London on the first of July. Tickets don't look too dear.

Anyone going? I was looking at the ticket purchasing website and I can't find out for definite if they will post to Ireland. I don't mind paying a bit extra for secure post.

I haven't seen them live before so I would love to make this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Worst sounding venue ever, which is a shame because Dinosaur Jr. are playing Bug in its entirety too.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

useded wrote: »
    Worst sounding venue ever

As in- worst acoustics ever? You've been to a gig there before?

I'm going over for this as Flaming Lips & Dinosaur Jr. would be two of my favourite bands. Not sure if they do post the tickets to Ireland, can't remember, I think I got them sent to an address in Belfast. Looking forward to it, but now you've got me worried about the venue, it certainly looks cool. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I was there a few years ago but there are numerous accounts to back me up on the likes of Drownedinsound about the horrific acoustics. It's avoided a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I would be very surprised if both bands didn't show up here. Aiken have a good history of booking them for Vicar St. when available.

Advertisement