Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Increase - Any ideas

Options
  • 11-01-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

I've just checked my online bank statement, and noted the bank took an extra €50 for payment of my mortgage.I'm on a tracker and still have mortgage relief.

Was there any related Government tax increases that could have increase it?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Was on here at the time......thanks for your help:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

It may have been a revision to your Tax Relief at Source (TRS) for the new tax year. If your TRS went down and your bank deducts your TRS from your mortgage repayment, you'd see it as an increase to the net amount being taken for your mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I've just checked my online bank statement, and noted the bank took an extra €50 for payment of my mortgage.I'm on a tracker and still have mortgage relief.

Was there any related Government tax increases that could have increase it?
    Any ideas?

That's interesting - I just read your post and checked my bank statement and I have been charged €564 instead of the usual €547. I am about 6 years into an Ulster Bank tracker mortgage. I definitely didn't get any correspondence from the bank so I would say it must be a TRS thing alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got a letter yesterday saying that my mortgage was going up about ten euro due to the changes in the TRS:(

My mortgage is now at the highest it has ever been in the last 6 years - so much for interest rates coming down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The German economy is storming ahead, ECB will be jacking up rates soon. Hang on to your hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

My mortgage went up by 30 euro this month, got a letter to say it would due to a decrease in TRS.....
    On the point of interest rates....is it time to fix again ?????

Advertisement