Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TriSport Duathlon Carraroe ???

• 11-01-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this Duathlon?
    Was looking at various events to enter over the year to build up to doing some adventure racing and possibly my first triathlon.

http://www.trisport.ie/

The link to enter the races doesn't appear to have any content. Is anyone aware whether this is sold out or not?

Have sent an inquiry through the contact form on their page, but if anyone here knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:- Very quick response received back - for anyone else interested...

HI Cormac
    There are places left for the duathlon and we should have our online booking service up by the the end of the week.
    Thanks a million for your interest.
    Kind regards
    Trisport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Seek out the boards alterego "Ronanmac" Cormac and answers he will provide ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Hi Cormac, the website is up and running now, and the entry section should be functional tomorrow. I'll email you and let you know when it's live.

The course is a 3.6km run, 21.5km cycle and a 3.3km run. The run section is very scenic and a section of it pretty hilly (followed by a lovely downhill of course!). The cycle section doesn't have any serious climbs in it. Anyone who is familiar with the Rás an Turcaí cycle race will recognise the course. It's basically two laps of the Rás an Turcaí loop.

The duathlon is being organised by a new triathlon club that has just been set up in Conamara called TríSpórt. Entry fee will be 25 euro, will include chip timing, and a limited number of cycling buffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Thanks Ronan.

Already got a reply from the mail through your website this morning - may have been you or another member - see my edited first post.

Much appreciate the quick response guys, not familiar with any of the route but looking forward to it all the same.

One quick question...
    I assume a one-day or annual TI license will be required to compete, is this the case?

One quick question...
    I assume a one-day or annual TI license will be required to compete, is this the case?

Yes, that is the case, Cormac, as it's a TI-sanctioned race. You can get a one-day license from the Triathlon Ireland website.
    Hope you can make it!
    Rónán

Registration for the TríSpórt Duathlon is now open here.

It's 25 euro, and a cycling buff is included with the price. Refreshments will be available afterwards.

• Advertisement

ronanmac wrote: »

It's 25 euro, and a cycling buff is included with the price. Refreshments will be available afterwards.

Cheers Ronan, saw it up yesterday afternoon & got my entry in, now to get off my ass and get some training done. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

ronanmac wrote: »

Hey Rónán,
    How's the craic? A couple of people have commented about lack of advertising for this event and are wondering if it's going ahead. I assume it is?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can we sign up on the morning for this or do we have to use the online sign up, and do we still get the buff if sign up on the day?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, Just signed up myself and 2 mates there, looking forward to it now.

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hey Rónán,
    How's the craic? A couple of people have commented about lack of advertising for this event and are wondering if it's going ahead. I assume it is?

P.

When I was talking to him on sunday at the duathlon it was full steam ahead anyways for the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

catweazle wrote: »
    When I was talking to him on sunday at the duathlon it was full steam ahead anyways for the race

Cool. Pity he didn't bring some flyers to handout at the last 2 duathlons as it was people from the club that were enquiring.

• Advertisement

It's all systems go. Advertised on Triathlon Ireland, Irish Triathlon and Run Ireland, as opposed to flyers.

There will be buffs for those registering on the day, CKWPORT, and the race will be chip-timed.

Some cake and coffee afterwards as well, and hopefully it'll stay dry and be a good day all round. A nice mixture of people registered already from around the country, should be interesting from a race point of view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have just added this to my calender I'm looking forward to being there also.

Great crew at Clarinbridge on Sunday. Thanks to catweazle for taking the legs off my mind on the second run :)

Have to laugh when it seems so natural to be introduced by your boards name!

Thanks to catweazle for taking the legs off my mind on the second run :)

Have to laugh when it seems so natural to be introduced by your boards name!

You have me worried about my name now seeing as you thought i was female! Wont be at it myself to see you bunny hopping over the speed ramps as I am away for the week

Hope it goes well for you Ronan

Hey folks,

Just to clarify...
    This is a 1pm start time, right ?
    What time is registration/number collection open from?

Hi spurscormac, race is starting at 1pm. Registration and number collection will be open from 11am at the An Chistin pub in the middle of the village. We will be emailing out race info to all entrants on Friday, so all details regarding signing on, parking etc. will be there.

Cheers,
    Rónán

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good luck with that Ronan, hope it goes well.

Good luck to all.

I'm out though, niggling ankle injury all week, thought it would have cleared up by now but it hasn't. Went for a short run at 8.30 to test it out, but it's not up to it.

Hope it goes well for ya Ronan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just back from Carraroe.

Great race, tough course I have say, tougher than I was expecting and that flipping headwind on the bike didn't help.

Well done to all involved.

Will be back next year all going well.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Just back from Carraroe.

Great race, tough course I have say, tougher than I was expecting and that flipping headwind on the bike didn't help.

Well done to all involved.

Will be back next year all going well.

Thank you very much for that. People seemed to enjoy the course, although the scenery on the hilly run course passed many people by ;).

The race was won by Pádraig Marrey with a typically strong bike leg, and to double things off for Ballinrobe, the ladies winner was Mary Mulchrone.

Results are now available here.

Thanks to everyone who took part.
    Rónán

TríSpórt Duathlon photos online.
    Running leg here and cycling leg here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement