Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare 10k, April 25th 2011

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:29am
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

The 2nd Rosslare 10k road race has been announced for Easter Monday April 25th 2011. This event is run by Wexford Triathlon Club.

Check out http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/ros-l%e1ir/345126316258058038 for route details. It is a flat course of two 5k laps around quiet country roads, with the start and finish in Rosslare Strand right next to the beach.

Registration can be done on www.runireland.com

The race is open to individual runners. team relays and walkers alike.

They will also be holding a kids race on the beach again this year.
    Bouncy castles, face painting and a great atmosphere, in a scenic corner of Wexford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Fantastic, I ran it last year and it was great fun. My wife is from Rosslare, so its a good excuse to go down there for Easter.

Its a great route and I usually try to run it whenever we are down. Hopefully it won't be as windy as last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Great value €12 for a 10k, something for the kids to do, hope to be at the Sunny SouthEast in my caravan anyway; this is going in the calendar!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Count me in, I ran it last year great value and atmosphere down ther I would recommend it to anyone.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lynkin

can anyone tell me about the junior races. what distance and what ages. Also what is the minimum age for entering the 10KM. thanks. ( i am entering the 10k but my daughter wants to run it also, so said wud check)

Hopefully weather will be nice on Monday , hate running in the rain !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Im looking forward to this. My first race ever outside of Dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Hopefully weather will be nice on Monday , hate running in the rain !

wouldn't mind the rain really as it'll be warm but the wind would deffo be a factor....was run in a half gale force wind last year and with it being two laps, having to face into that head wind for a second lap wasn't a nice thought:o good race all the same though and if it wasn't windy (hard to imagine with it being directly beside the sea) would be a good fast course

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭runnerboy

have to agree it is a fast course but last year was run in a gale. hoping this year will be much better and we can squeeze a sub 32 out of the old legs. great for the kids had a little fun race on the beach last year and everyone got something. hope the wind stays away

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭runnerboy

another well organised race pity about the wind, couldn't quite break 32 but came near enough. def the wind was a big factor and the fact i went off too hard. overall the kids came 2nd and 3rd in the beach race and proudly showed off their certs. good family day out

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

that's great going runnerboy....... i did my run on the beach this morn and to be honest i was glad i wasn't going to rosslare cos the wind would nearly blow ya backwards so that sort of time for the 10k is very good......

• Advertisement

Round of applause to the Wexford Triathlon Club, another well organised race with a great atmosphere and the kids loved the bouncy castle/assualt course which kept them amused while I slogged arount the circuit.:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That bouncy castle was something else alright. I wanted to go on that myself. Well done to all who took part, that last push into the wind over the railway bridge seemed to sap a few, but there was the nice downhill finish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Well organised event. Kids loved the bouncy castle and face painting. I went under 50 mins for the first time so delighted with myself.

Advertisement