Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glacial Super League Season 2 Session 4!!! Jan 15th 2011

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

After the extended Christmas break, we're back with Session 4! Just when ye thought I was running off with the money. Let's hope for a good one...

Also, the weather is getting a little warmer so Moody Cow may be even more delicious when not going numb!

And...happy new year!

Important Info:
    Moviedrome is the venue once again. From 1-4 on Saturday 15 January, 2011.

Cost & Prize:
    Once again, each session will cost €8. €1 of this goes into a travel and entry fund for Inferno (February) while €2 goes into a prize pot for 1st-3rd. Entry also gets you a ticket for the raffle (for the Street Fighter movie collection). The winner of the session will win a bag of glacial mints.

2nd: 12
    3rd: 10
    4th: 8
    5th-8th: 6
    8th-16th: 3
    16th-xth: 1

Current Leaderboard (after 3 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 42 points
    2nd: FutureGuy - 37 points
    =3rd: Burning Eclipse - 22 points
    =3rd: Sabre0001 - 22 points
    =3rd: Generic_name - 22 points
    6th: Misty Chaos - 14 points
    7th: Mr. K - 12 points
    8th: Chris - 6 points
    9th: Hotaru - 3 points

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Doubt I can make any more sessions tbh, I want save for a stick, a hard drive for the xbox and of course, MvC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hmm. I'll be heading back to Cork from Galway via Limerick on the 15th, so I might drop in for this session.
    I can totally make 50 points in one session right? :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm working for this, but there's a slim chance I can get someone to cover me. Sliiiiiiiiiim.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Wont be at this. This week its the only day me and my lady friend are both free! good luck to all that go.

Wont be at this. This week its the only day me and my lady friend are both free! good luck to all that go.

Dude, you're making the rest of us look bad >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

All I'm saying is be careful. It starts out with spending your free time with them, then all of a sudden you're picking out colour schemes for the wedding.

(Of course I'm joking.... You'll have no say in the colour scheme.)

As for attending this Saturday, I shall be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Haha ye live together, and your off EVERYDAY!

But for more important news i shall not be at ye another league due to work :( gona try organise a casual session soon tho so watch this space.

Yeah but tis the only FULL day! (This matters to women or so I've been told)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I won't be there at all guys!

Uh... I'm afraid I'm working too. Sorry lads.

• Advertisement

I'm dying with tonsilitis right now so chances of me going to Limerick on Saturday are basically nil. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Despite myself, Burning Eclipse and Mr K being excited about a certain top 3 finish, there's no real point in doing it this week with just the three - next Saturday, it's happening...If it's just the three of us again, we won't complain.

The next session will then take place the week after!

🤪

Jubilations! Shall be there for the next one!

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Despite myself, Burning Eclipse and Mr K being excited about a certain top 3 finish, there's no real point in doing it this week with just the three - next Saturday, it's happening...If it's just the three of us again, we won't complain.

The next session will then take place the week after!

Hmmm...i don't think its fair on the 3 of ye that can make it (but thanks for the offer though. I'd be happy for ye to just have games yourselves (doesnt have to be Moviedrome) and get the points.

Awwww hell no! I fought the two of em briefly yday! I demand league points.

Kidding of course. As futureguy said, ye should get some points. This is the 2nd time its been put off. And everyone who cant attend this one are the peeps who asked for it to be put off.

Ar, I know it's late in the day for me to say this (and I dont have much clout since I'm rarely at these), but I wouldn't put them off any more as they're getting pretty backed up, even if only the three of yee are showing.

Screw the lot of ye, I want my points! :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Screw the lot of ye, I want my points! :P

Sounds to me like I need to come down to Limerick to stop all this selfish points talk...

:P

Ended up just being myself and Burning Eclipse that were able to invade my house. Decided to do "The not so excellent adventures of Mark and Mike" :D

Was a good laugh - playing is much more relaxing in a buddy system (like playing Super Meat Boy).

Messed around with a few characters - Mike moreso than me, played one button...Just general enjoyment. Actually won a lot of games between us too - and got to run-it-back a few times.

Good way to spend the day - I would advise it!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Ended up just being myself and Burning Eclipse that were able to invade my house. Decided to do "The not so excellent adventures of Mark and Mike" :D

Was a good laugh - playing is much more relaxing in a buddy system (like playing Super Meat Boy).

Messed around with a few characters - Mike moreso than me, played one button...Just general enjoyment. Actually won a lot of games between us too - and got to run-it-back a few times.

Good way to spend the day - I would advise it!

Indeed, I had a great day! Even used Guile to troll people :)

Your attempt at a one-button win went a lot better than mine!!

• Advertisement

So when is the fifth session going to be held?

It will be 22nd, 29th and February 12th to finish the season

🤪

Just throwing it out there...

Girl: So what you want to do for valentines weekend?
    Boy: Super league round 6 baby!
    Girl: ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!1!1!1!!!1

Any hope of changing the final date to save a few awkward decisions???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Valentine's is the 14th, not the 12th? Unless I'm misunderstanding you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's a "Valentine's Day"? :confused:

Yeah valentines is 14th (Monday) but plenty couples might plan something for that weekend when they are both not working. I'll def be there as my mrs always works Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah yeah managed to miss the word weekend in your post somehow :pac:

I suppose a change of date would be a good plan......for all those loved up people out there

/insert forever alone pic here

🤪

People on for session tomorrow?

🤪

• Advertisement

Of course...date in my planner for ages. Looking forward to it!

Advertisement