Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glacial Super League Season 2 Session 4!!! Jan 15th 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I shall be there! These always rejuvenate my love for the game. Past few weeks me and rob are always on playing sf4 but we cant find a good reason for it! Ever since I swore that I'm sticking with hakan, online has been killing me! See ye tomorrow:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I shall be there! These always rejuvenate my love for the game. Past few weeks me and rob are always on playing sf4 but we cant find a good reason for it! Ever since I swore that I'm sticking with hakan, online has been killing me! See ye tomorrow:D

HAKAN v DEE JAY

Worth the admission price alone!

Nah for you my friend i may have to whip out the auld Siberian Blizzard :p

Nah for you my friend i may have to whip out the auld Siberian Blizzard :p

Haha, I have plenty of tricks for that ultra after our last encounter lol.

Is it dont jump? Because if so I'm fecked! Nah I'll stick with the oil man... All the AE stuff has me convinced I might win matches so I'm not gna use gief in the meantime then go back to hakan. Try and deal with the hitboxes and recovery I have so I can beast when the changes come through! And will you record this time!?! You only ever record our matches YOU win... Makes me look like a sucker!

• Advertisement

Is it dont jump? Because if so I'm fecked! Nah I'll stick with the oil man... All the AE stuff has me convinced I might win matches so I'm not gna use gief in the meantime then go back to hakan. Try and deal with the hitboxes and recovery I have so I can beast when the changes come through! And will you record this time!?! You only ever record our matches YOU win... Makes me look like a sucker!

Ah sorry man, I can't help it if you bottle it when a camera is on you. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I'll be recording all matches this week if we can set my camera up.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there, hopefully kicking some ass with Makoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'll be there, free points for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Will be there too! Hurrah!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be there, hopefully kicking some ass with someone else other than Makoto thats a big surprise.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Come on people post up some results, ive only gotten biased info from the oil man :pac:

Came down to myself and onion 5-0 each and he beat me 2-1. Good turnout. Onion has learned alot of good tech since last inferno and can't complain about the loss.

Ggs all.

I went undefeated, like a LAWD. There was also some creative signs and a milkshake. All in all. Good day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

D4RK ONION with a dominating Makoto performance - now owed two bags of mints...which I managed to leave at home - just one of the many things I forgot that day.

Current Leaderboard (after 4 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 57 points (+15)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 49 points (+12)
    3rd: Generic_name - 32 points (+10)
    4th: Burning Eclipse - 30 points (+8)
    5th: Sabre0001 - 28 points (+6)
    6th: Mr. K - 18 points (+6)
    7th: Misty Chaos - 14 points
    8th: Chris - 6 points
    9th: Hotaru - 3 points

🤪

I got points! After that day, I think I should just leave hakan alone till AE or drop him. The amount of times stuff didnt happen had me losing it. I've never gotten mad in person before. I know I wasnt crazy mad or anything but still I shouldnt have gotten that way. And the lame thing is I'm working the coming saturday so I cant better myself. Prob gonna head back to the red cyclone for the time being.

Just a question, I know we were all busy throughout the Xmas period, but are we ever gonna get back to the weekly, semi weekly casuals or will it just be league in limerick here on out? Hoping to do casuals for mvc3 and just wondering is there any interest?

Well im up for any kind of casuals even if it would be this MVC3 thing your talking about :pac: Just cant make weekends over work. I think we should find out what time moviedrome closes on a friday and try have a few friday evening sessions. Hell ill play BB.CS in person if it gets me off onlinne play haha.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Well im up for any kind of casuals even if it would be this MVC3 thing your talking about :pac: Just cant make weekends over work. I think we should find out what time moviedrome closes on a friday and try have a few friday evening sessions. Hell ill play BB.CS in person if it gets me off onlinne play haha.

I'm up for casuals...it's been a while hasn't it!

Been too long ha. Well i just checked moviedromes times and its open from 12pm to 11pm mon to sat so we could do eveing casuals any day to suit the masses. Ill throw up a thread about it sonn enough sure.

I would be up for casuals alright - even if we can't hit Moviedrome, we should try to do online casuals more often...Unfortunately, I am without a mic because the connector to fightstick broke, but we could do the chat thread again!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Really enjoyed this session for 2 reasons (one of which requires an apology).

First, I landed an ex cannon spike FADC ultra with Cammy. That is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, I cheered loudly and clapped, which was rather unsporting, although my opponent (Sabre) went on to beat me 2-0 anyway. Sorry for being an ass :o

After landing that, the day was always going to be a success. The second reason is that I used focus attack and then cancelled to bait a move from Onion, then punished straight away with Cammy's ultra :) Downloaded!!! (also lost that match 2-0 though).

Mad props to Onion, your Makoto in the final against Tony was just sick, and it was a nail-biting match!

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed this session for 2 reasons (one of which requires an apology).

First, I landed an ex cannon spike FADC ultra with Cammy. That is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, I cheered loudly and clapped, which was rather unsporting, although my opponent (Sabre) went on to beat me 2-0 anyway. Sorry for being an ass :o

Mike,
    I think we all know how hard you worked to get to the position to pull that off in a tournament! It's fine to do something like that in practice but to pull it off in a tournament environment is always something to get excited about.
    Mad props to Onion, your Makoto in the final against Tony was just sick, and it was a nail-biting match!

I'm uploading this on my mobile now. Dropped links aside (we're blaming the tv), it was a tense match and some of Onions pressure was rediculously good. Almost perfected me on one occasion. Spoiler
    (that DeeJay slide to ultra to win the set was so mistimed in retrospect!)

Ah shucks guys. :o

Yeah, it's so nice to play Makoto offline against people, online Makoto just doesn't work. One lag spike and your pressure is gone. TVs in there aren't great but they're 1000X better than playing online anyway.

GGs to everyone, it's great to see ye getting better. Sabre and Burning Eclipse in particular are starting to shape up nicely.

Sabre, in our match you need to be a lot safer with your keepout, you kept mistiming fireballs or spacing them badly, and when you're fighting Makoto, one combo from her is 33% of your health and up to 80% of your stun. Gotta watch out for letting her in. It's def. a bad match for her, you need to read up on it and figure out what's safe and what isn't.

Burning, I've said this to you a few times. You need need NEED to pick one character and learn him/her. Cammy is a good one. Learn her normals, learn her match ups, learn her combos.

Futureguy... looking forward to the next fight ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Futureguy... looking forward to the next fight ;)

So am I...you have no idea how much. :pac:

No apology needed Burning Eclipse :)

Thanks Onion - will try to keep my head! That or pick Evil Ryu for AE - Akuma combos + health :D

🤪

Really good match guys really tense. Ye better record the rematch :pac:

Advertisement