Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Shea Not Running For Labour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't see Halligan jumping ship again. I think it'd be hard to explain away a second change in political ideology in a very short space of time. I still can't see him being elected as an independent though. Being mayor got him good exposure inn other parts of the city but that's not to say those areas would vote for him, not to mention the county where he's basically unknown a d has no core party vote to rely on.

I think FG would be mental to put a third candidate forward. The reality is that they'll have two seats effectively wrapped up so would do well not to get greedy because ere's hardly going to be enough votes here for three FG TDs.

If FF had any kind of strong candidate at all I'd be fairly confident of them retaining a seat but Kenneally is just awful. There will still be a core FF vote in Waterford and it might well be enough to get someone elected but we live in hope that this isn't the case!

With regard to the Labour candidate, I'm fairly sure Seamus Ryan can't run for health reasons or something like that. I could be wrong on that but I have that in my head.

If this was the 2007 election I could see David Cullinane getting elected but with his vote stalling in the 2007 GE and then getting hit hard in his own ward in the last locals he could struggle to take advantage. Although a lot of that hit was the result of some very negative campaigning by other candidates which might not go down too well in a GE.

All to play for.

Advertisement