Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

system tool 2011

• 11-01-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

ok ill keep it short i got a virus called system tools 2011 recently wouldnt let me do anything so i ran the computer in safe mode and just deleted the virus well the file it called itself just wodering is it completly gone does anyone know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

1dcush1 wrote: »
    ok ill keep it short i got a virus called system tools 2011 recently wouldnt let me do anything so i ran the computer in safe mode and just deleted the virus well the file it called itself just wodering is it completly gone does anyone know

Have a look at the instructions here and follow them to the letter. What antivirus software is on the computer and is it up-to-date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 1dcush1

I have Microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes both up to date and find nothing when full scans are done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

1dcush1 wrote: »
    I have Microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes both up to date and find nothing when full scans are done

Okay well it could already be gone then but follow the removal instructions anyway just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 1dcush1

will do thanks for the advice much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

bhickey wrote: »
    Have a look at the instructions here and follow them to the letter. What antivirus software is on the computer and is it up-to-date?

My PC got infected by this Used above and it worked (thought AVG would be good enough protection) so thanks for the advise

• Advertisement
Advertisement