Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childminding costs.

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Have been offered a job minding a 7 month year old & a 3 year old girl, 8-5 monday to friday, and have been asked to name my fee, what would be an acceptable amount to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi
    The website Rollercoaster has a discussion board on childcare issues and prices. It will have all the information you need. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

thank you very much :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends if you are in Dublin or another big city and if it is in your home or theirs,your qualifications and how many other kids you are looking after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Geranium40 wrote: »
    Hi
    The website Rollercoaster has a discussion board on childcare issues and prices. It will have all the information you need. :)

The thread was asked here and the poster is look for a discussion on here.
    This forum does not exist to just link people to other sites.
    Do you have anything to contribute other then a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Have been offered a job minding a 7 month year old & a 3 year old girl, 8-5 monday to friday, and have been asked to name my fee, what would be an acceptable amount to expect?
    Our creche fee will be €850 a month for a baby, 5 days a week. Thats in Dublin but its probably at the lower end of creche rates for Dublin but IMO its a fair rate. I'd suggest charging €850 for one and €400 for the second so €1250 per month.

Are you going to charge for holidays etc too or just when you're minding them? Most childminders will charge for 50-52 weeks a year so they get paid for holidays and christmas as well.

Its a good idea to agree these things upfront so there's no misunderstandings or fallings out later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The thread was asked here and the poster is look for a discussion on here.
    This forum does not exist to just link people to other sites.
    Do you have anything to contribute other then a link?

here here well said my friend

Advertisement