Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great unofficial NASA commercial

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Saw this on Gizmodo there and thought people here would be interested. I think its great!
    From Gizmodo.com
    A Youtube user thinks NASA is "the most fascinating, adventurous, epic institution ever devised by human beings". We agree. That same guy thinks NASA has no idea how to promote itself. So he made this commercial for them. It's beautiful.

Gizmodo Story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

Very nice video and the guy has a point nasa doesn't promote itself enough.if only all the billions that was spent on war was instead used for space exploration we'd get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Very nice video and the guy has a point nasa doesn't promote itself enough.if only all the billions that was spent on war was instead used for space exploration we'd get somewhere.

I can only dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Malty_T wrote: »
    I can only dream...
    +1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

NASA sure could do with some good PR. I love NASA and all they do, but man, sometimes I cringe when I see how they explain things and try to sell themselves to the public.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Imagine what NASA could do with some of the money from the US Department of Defense budget of over $700 BILLION annually!! As a species if we just spent less time trying to kill each other and used our resources wisely there would be no limit to what we could achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Imagine what NASA could do with some of the money from the US Department of Defense budget of over $700 BILLION annually!! As a species if we just spent less time trying to kill each other and used our resources wisely there would be no limit to what we could achieve.

Totally agree with what you said,unfortunatly i dont ever see a day when war will end and resourses put behind space exploration.too many fu*#ers profit from conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Fantastic.......

Reminded me a bit of James Mays Moon documentary, in that I feel so envious of those who have made the trip beyond this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

namloc1980 wrote: »

Excellently put, I don't usually post here, however I just had to say it's great there are more of us that think that way. It's so sad to think our entire race appears cruel, greedy and destructive just because of a few bad eggs placed at the top.....what must our neighbours think. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

MetLuver wrote: »
    Excellently put, I don't usually post here, however I just had to say it's great there are more of us that think that way. It's so sad to think our entire race appears cruel, greedy and destructive just because of a few bad eggs placed at the top.....what must our neighbours think. :(

I'd imagine the Vulcans are pretty upset...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Andolino

Thanks for putting this up really great video:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

Hi Conor,yes agreed that NASA undersold themselves,there is a video somewhere, a comedian says in a deadpan voice, "Viking 1 has just sent its first picture from the surface of Mars"
    The comedian says "What is wrong with these people?" They should be saying "AWESOME" !

anyway this was it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJHGqIoRC75cbc_3QnKey0lkxtFMDoHmrMIrPrGUR1eTXKJ-bs

Advertisement