Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rates query

• 11-01-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys. I was made redundant back in June and I have set up my own small business, currently working from home. Im just wandering, if I decided to open up a small office, as opposed to working from home, any idea on what the rates would be? By rates, I dont mean the rental charge etc, I mean the charges imposed by Limerick Co CO /Limerick corpo?
    I would be thinking of a small office in the general Castletroy/Ballysimon area, as this is close to my home, close to town and generally would suit me.
    Also any idea of how much the rent would be?
    I know I should probably contact an estate agency....havent gotten around to that yet and in general the feedback from fellow Lim boardsies is great!
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Rates are dependent on what floor you are on, size of space etc.
    You might get some info from City Council.

strictly speaking you need to rent an existing office or you may have to apply for planning permission to change use from say residential to commercial. You don't want all that grief.

Good luck with your new venture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys. I was made redundant back in June and I have set up my own small business, currently working from home. Im just wandering, if I decided to open up a small office, as opposed to working from home, any idea on what the rates would be? By rates, I dont mean the rental charge etc, I mean the charges imposed by Limerick Co CO /Limerick corpo?
    I would be thinking of a small office in the general Castletroy/Ballysimon area, as this is close to my home, close to town and generally would suit me.
    Also any idea of how much the rent would be?
    I know I should probably contact an estate agency....havent gotten around to that yet and in general the feedback from fellow Lim boardsies is great!
    cheers!

Would recommend Roselawn House in Castletroy, reception/secretarial service, fully serviced office, desk, swivel chair, IP telephone and broadband, ample parking, CHP, backup power, 24/7 access, rates, light and heat, broadband, included in monthly rental
    http://www.roselawnhouse.com/

Call Trish on 061 633333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Commercial rates in lImerick are crazy expensive go with a serviced unit or stay at home. Will only eat away your profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys for all the feedback. For the time being I will continue working from home but hopefully if my business goes well I will need a "Proper" office space so I can hire somebody to work with me and I think hiring a unit in one of these services offices may be the best approach then. Needs some more research on my part but a fixed monthly cost which includes internet, phone, rent, rates etc looks more attractive then renting an office and then kitting it out and paying rates, phone etc.
    Has anybody else on boards looked at both options in Limerick recently?

Advertisement