Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

norton 360 re newal

• 11-01-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for some advise please as i am not very good with laptops and software.

I have had norton 360 since i bought my laptop last year and it is now up for renewal which comes at a price.

Is there any alternatives preferbly free that will do what norton does or should i just stick with what i have and pay the renewal price

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

bambam26 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for some advise please as i am not very good with laptops and software.

I have had norton 360 since i bought my laptop last year and it is now up for renewal which comes at a price.

Is there any alternatives preferbly free that will do what norton does or should i just stick with what i have and pay the renewal price

Thanks for the help
    free antivirus
    Not sure how good they are some say better than norton, not sure if i would trust a year old pc to a free one. people will disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Personally I'd remove Norton immediately and replace it with MSE. You'd probably notice a significant improvement in performace too as Norton is a real resource hog.

Have a look here too to see what antivirus/antimalware protection people here recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

free antivirus softwares

www.avg.com for avg

www.avast.com for avast

i use avast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bhickey wrote: »
    Personally I'd remove Norton immediately and replace it with MSE. You'd probably notice a significant improvement in performace too as Norton is a real resource hog.

Have a look here too to see what antivirus/antimalware protection people here recommend.

+1. I'd recommend using this link to see what people have voted on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

bhickey wrote: »

seconded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

I use Norton 360 - it's pricey but there's no messing about with it and I've never had a problem with it. It's not slow on my machine, turn it on and it works away in the back ground with minimal need to do anything.

I also used MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) and the others on my other laptop. MSE is very slow to scan I found and also missed a virus, while the others aren't as user friendly imo.

More important then which one is your internet habits - be careful with what you download, sites you use such as streaming video sites etc.

Advertisement