Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun places to live in Auckland??

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am moving to Auckland in April and was hoping to settle somewhere that could be a fun place to live but it is such a sprawling city I'm not sure of where to start my search. I will be working in East Tamaki so I guess I also require somewhere that has a reasonable commute to work. I would also love to live near a beach and with other people around my age (26). Any suggestions???

Caire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

My advice is find somewhere central, doesn't matter where really (we're in Western Springs / Mt. Albert) and buy a car!

The car is ESSENTIAL in Auckland, public transport is there but seem's to slow down a lot at the weekend but is fairly reliable during the working week.

You could try Mission Bay / Kohi / St. Heliers to be beside the beach, however some of those are "retirement" area's but are right on the sand. Most people will live away from the beach themselves and just drive there when it takes their fancy.

Piha is about an hour and a bit away on the West coast and is very popular as a day trip away from the city. I would check TradeMe and have a look at the rental prices around the areas your interested in and see how it goes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

You'll be broke if you try renting around Mission Bay/St Heliers...

Anywhere in Auckland that you live you'll be relatively close to a beach anyway, so that's not a problem. Grey Lynn has turned in to a bit of a young persons suburb recently, and there's some very decent pubs etc in the vicinity. Not overly expensive either afaik.

Advertisement