Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cow and Gate price hike

• 11-01-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was in my local tesco express this morning and i seen that the cow and gate baby milk has had another price rise to €10.29, that was roughly €8.50 last summer, it has had a few price rises in tghe last 8 months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The one I use (the 6 month plus one) is still only €9.79. It's a pain that they keep doing it... Maybe it's the new packaging??

Only one more month until I no longer have to buy formula!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it could be to do with the sterling exchange rate.
    It only went down 2 years ago when euro and pound were more or less equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Prices are all over the place:

Tesco Superquinn
    First milk: 9.79 9.39
    Comfort 1: 10.49 10.39
    Comfort 2: 10.39 10.39
    6 months + :9.79 9.39
    stage 2: 9.39 8.49

OK Tesco put up my milk too

Aptamil 10.99 10.49

Sam McCauly have it for 10.29, that's where I'll be going.

Not impressed time to complain, before Superquinn promise to match Tesco on price!

Anyone know what it is in Dunnes?

Apparently Superdrug sell it for nearer €7!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i noticed with aptamil it tends to be on offer in at least one supermarket at a time,

i think the rrp is around €10.49 mark for baby milks but Tesco/supervalue/dunnes do tend to reduce them to €7, €9...etc often enough,

we are using Aptamil toddler 1+ and its been reduced to €9 about 4 times in the last 6 months between the three supermarket, i see the cow and gate milks doing the same frequently.

also i noticed sometimes the 6 months and over one is reduced while the 1 year+ one is at full price.

oh and when i have seen the aptimal reduced in tescos they never seem to advertise it, just for a few weeks have a normal price tag with the reduced price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It is against the law to reduce or promote infant formula suitable for babies below 6 months. That's why there are no clubcard points etc on this milk.

But yes the 6month+ / 1yr+ and 2yr+ is always on offer.

€7 for formula would be worth a trip to Pembrooke!

Best I can find for England is £8.45 / €10.23.

Going to call my friend in Wales and see if he can check Superdrug!

There's a superdrug in Omni Centre, Santry, Dublin 11 and The Square, Tallaght!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

From 1 year an infant should get all the nutrition it needs from full fat cows milk in conjunction with a healthy diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

From 1 year an infant should get all the nutrition it needs from full fat cows milk in conjunction with a healthy diet.

i know thats what they say, but my daughter has been on 1 bottle at night (1 at morning 1 at night, during the cold snap) of aptamil 1+ and she has yet to catch one of the many colds me and her dad caught and she's been as wrapped up as we were, so i figure we'll keep her on it until it gets warmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

When i had my first it used to be €14.99 and a big pack of nappies was €17.99 a small pack was 12.99 and that was 11 years ago and im sure the prices were the same for my now 5 year old boy.

I think the prices came down in 2006 just in time for my 3rd.

Ive got a feeling prices are going to start rising again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement