Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Changing Photo Banner for Website

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Working on my first website project at the moment and I would like to get some opinions on how to create one of those nice photo banners where the images change by fading in and out. My home page was just going to have a single static image but I think those 'changing images' are way nicer. I know it can be done with Flash but I don't have a licence, I was wondering if there was any free tools out there which do the same thing?

I have seen how it can be done with Javascript, but I don't really like the way the image changes instantly. I love the way the 'Flash' type ones fade in and out.

I have taken the initiative and done some googling, there seems to be a lot out there; I've tried some of the online ones which auto generate the code for you, but none of them have worked out for me.

Any help appreciated guys :)

Comments

Advertisement