Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamerop!

Options
  • 11-01-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I am buying 4-5 foot Chamerop humilis for my patio.

I was just wondering is it normal for them to be yellowish on some of their stalks and overall a bit run down looking this time of year?

They will be going into much bigger pots.

I guess what I am asking is if they are looked after and nourished will they return to the usual way they look?

I have always wanted them in my garden.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

just did abit of googleing as am not familiar with it looks like its hardy to -10 so mabey its a little under the weather. people in the states seem to wrap them in sacking to protect them from the worst of the winter weather, hope this helps:) I had a trachycarpus fortuneii a few years ago but a sheep ate it:eek: , havent bothered with palms since, dont think they would have survived the past two winters where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

just did abit of googleing as am not familiar with it looks like its hardy to -10 so mabey its a little under the weather. people in the states seem to wrap them in sacking to protect them from the worst of the winter weather, hope this helps:) I had a trachycarpus fortuneii a few years ago but a sheep ate it:eek: , havent bothered with palms since, dont think they would have survived the past two winters where I am.

Thanks for the post.

I went ahead and got them, they are being delivered today and will be planted in their new big pots by tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

They'll be fine. Just keep an eye on the nutrients level from spring. The new compost you are potting them into should suffice, but they might need a bit of tlc to get back into shape.

Advertisement