Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to heat a greenhouse

Options
  • 11-01-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - just wondering if anyone knows how much it would be to heat a small greenhouse, say 8' x 6' polycarbonate or glass? What type of heater would be good and economical? It would be for brininging on seedlings/young plants from about march for a couple of months (not propagating them, I would do that in the house under flourescent light).
    Also, any idea what temperature is reasonable for seedlings/young plants to survive outside under glass? I know it is lower than germination temp. but how low can you go?

I do have one of those cheap plastic argos greenhouses. Would that suffice for seedlings after March? Could I modify it?
    I have a good few seedlings sprouting at the moment and a lot more to come Feb & March and space in the house is going to be a big problem, or should I say, my wife is going to be a big problem :-)
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Should have said that these are annual bedding plants, not veg

Advertisement