Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hightower74

Finally got the call today whoo hoo!!:D well done to everyone else who got the call and good luck to all still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sir Harry

Congratulations to all those that got the call. The rest of us will just have to grin and bear it for another while and hopefully March wont be the end of the intakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

Well done and congrats to everyone got/getting called up for Feb. I always preferred the month of March to make changes to my life :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Only getting online now and seeing the good news - congratulations to you all and I would expect a few more Boardies will get calls tomorrow not to mention those that get no call but just a big envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Congratulations to all who got in....
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

congrats to all who got in would be lying if i said i wasnt jealous but im happy for you all at the same time... i can only hope for a call tomorrow pleeeassse!!!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Well done to those who got one of the most important calls you'll ever get in your life. Be prepared for a life less ordinary!

To the rest of you still waiting, remember that the calls go over over a period of a few days so all hope is not lost yet.

Fingers crossed for more calls tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

Sir Harry wrote: »
    Congratulations to all those that got the call. The rest of us will just have to grin and bear it for another while and hopefully March wont be the end of the intakes.

whats this about march being the end of intakes? have i missed a whole lump of important info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

whats this about march being the end of intakes? have i missed a whole lump of important info?

Rumours are that March will be the last intake (due to the budget), and who knows after that when intakes will re-start.

Ps- looks like there were no more phone calls today? Seems a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

I'd say they would be done with calls by this stage- if they've been phoning since Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

luckyb123 wrote: »
    I'd say they would be done with calls by this stage- if they've been phoning since Monday?

The belief I have is nothing is over until my postman comes around tomorrow or the next day, I can only hope that he does and with him comes some nice news....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

yea i agree il be holding out until friday for that brown envelope so you never know!!

My impression was that calls started going out yesterday ? I am surprised no more calls reported received by boardies today - watch out for the postman cometh , a number of people last time never got a call - just the big envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nat_

.. ok, so how come its not the same for everybody? i mean why do some get The Call and others The Envelope? is there any difference?
    yeah.. im still waiting for my turn lol ;)

nat_ wrote: »
    .. ok, so how come its not the same for everybody? i mean why do some get The Call and others The Envelope? is there any difference?
    yeah.. im still waiting for my turn lol ;)

Absolutely no difference between the call and the letter nat.

The reason why some are called and others not is just one of the many imponderable quirks of this process ( thankfully it's of no consequence ).....

I should add that those who are called still receive a starter pack via post , everyone gets it in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Greasy

Just got the long awaited call!!! Over the moon!!

Congratulations Greasy, Im so jealous!

Greasy wrote: »
    Just got the long awaited call!!! Over the moon!!

Congrat's. Seems they are still making a few calls - still hope for some people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wannabeapeeler

Just after getting back home and finding the 'Big Brown Envelope' lying on the mat. I am delighted that this part of the process is over for me,but I know that the next few months will be a new challenge in so many different ways!! But bring it on!!:)

Do I have to send the acceptance letter back straightaway,or do I bring it to the induction day? Perhaps some of the boardies who have been through this stage can let me know.

This was my first time applying for the job,and I consider myself very lucky to have been selected for what is without a doubt the best job in the world!!

Congrats to all who got the call for February,and for those who are still waiting for the call to come,try to stop fretting about March being the cut off period...nobody really knows what the future holds.

To PSNI and Delancey..you moderate what is one of the best forums I have ever been on. Thank you!!

Well done.

What are your stats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 wannabeapeeler

RC from NI
    Merit Score mid 600s
    Vetting sent in July
    Medical Passed November

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Good God I do not want to tempt fate but it is certainly getting closer to me now!

Please 1 more intake and move down the RC list :S

My stats are exactly the same as Wannabeapeeler and i've heard nout!

Grrr....

Think anymore calls will be goin out today?

Think anymore calls will be goin out today?

I doubt there will be any phone calls but the postman might bring something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

Hi every 1, I've been reading this for a while now, keeping quiet in the background but I have to ask, Where did you get your pool stats / merit score from? Did I miss that bit lol? I've received nothing to say where I stand! I'm still waiting like the rest of us, vetting in on November and med done in December. So it ant looking good for me? :mad: any heads up would be greatful

Thanks

mal4893 wrote: »
    Hi every 1, I've been reading this for a while now, keeping quiet in the background but I have to ask, Where did you get your pool stats / merit score from? Did I miss that bit lol? I've revived nothing to say where I stand! I'm still waiting like the rest of us, vetting in on November and med done in December. So it ant looking good for me? :mad: any heads up would be greatful

Thanks

You have to phone recruitment to get your merit place. I will pm
    It if you want it.

As for everything else - sit back, put your feet up and cross your fingers.

YES PLEASE! At least I'd know if there was a hope to hold onto? can't believe some of you's got vetting in on July? Well as a good sport good luck to you all (just hope there is a wee spot left for me somewhere!)

Done.

There's always hope until you get a dear john letter :cool:

• Advertisement

thanks, That was a big help Gee 22
    I'm NRC sitting at 300 - 330 in the pool so here's hopping for a few more intakes!
    med pass
    vet ongoing

Thanks again! ;)

Advertisement