Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to move provider and two business phones

Options
  • 11-01-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

righto, i'm looking for a new phone for myself and my wife. i have a small business account with o2 and i'll need to have the 2 phones on one account no matter what provider i choose for billing purposes, but aside from that i'm open to any provider.

i currently have two nokia N900's but i think its time to move to something new and i want to move from o2 as their customer service levels have nosedived recently and i'm fed up of having to repeatedly deal with them over stupid things.

okay, so as per the charter, here's my info. :)

What features are important to you in a phone? i.e. half decent camera with decent video, pref. with a flash, GPS with turn by turn, pref. offline if poss, FM radio, Bluetooth, good music & video playback, decent sized screen for browsing, video etc. also something with headphone media controls as well if possible. the usual social networking feaures like facebook contacts syncing etc. would be nice to be able to get more than a day out of the battery, but i know a smartphone with good battery life is almost impossible to find. :(
    Form factor - big touchscreen
    Internet - 3G/HSDPA, also tethering for laptop, kindle etc.
    Operator - thinking of moving from o2 after 10 years due to repeatedly poor cust. service. :mad:
    payment type - Bill pay x2, small business account with two phones and a decent data allowance.

my shortlist so far: Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire, Desire HD or possibly iphone4, but would prefer to keep away from apple if possible (for moral reasons, not techy ones), altho the iphone4 looks pretty impressive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi OP.

You should seroiusly give 3 Ireland a go.

I got the samsung gakaxy s (best phone Ive ever owned) for free from them, and for 95€ a month, I get unlimited calls and texts to any network in Ireland. 10,000 flexi units (which i use to call uk mobiles) 2 flexi units = 1 min calling uk land lines or mobiles (so 5,000 mins free!!!!) and 2gb of data.
    Voice mail is 15c a min, but you can download an app (hullomail) for FREE from the android market, and hey presto = free voicemail!
    Just like yourself, I use the phone for business purposes, and also like yourself, jumped ship from O2.

Coverage, = great!
    Phone = great!

Bills with O2 averaged 200-300 per month
    Bills with 3, (just got one today actually) = 110 euro! (normally send a few pic messages etc)

No brainer tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm with 3 for my business but not on business plans, the consumer ones are just more suitable for me. To get the consumer plans you'd have to sign up in your own name, I think they'll let you take out 3 contracts in your own name, once the account is set up give customer care a call within the first 24hrs and get them to put your business name in the address.
    It's a lot easier and cheaper than signing up to a business contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cool, thanks, i'll have a good look at them now. how's the data access these days with them?

i had considered them a few years ago, but they were having some bad problems with data access at the time so i put them out of my mind and never really considered them after that, but more fool me for missing out, thanks. :)

should probably have mentioned that the combined bill for both phones is between the €100-€200 per month mark, so their business 600 might do me tbh.

will have another look shortly, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Data all depends on where you are but on any of their phone plans as long as you've a data add on or data included you have access to vodafone 2G as well as 3G data so your very seldom stuck to download an email or anything like that. There's a serious amount of work done on the network since a few years ago, I struggled through just for the cost savings but at a risk of my sanity but it's been prefect for about the last 18mts, really good 3G coverage nationwide.
    If there's a store near to you get them to show you the coverage maps for Ordinary 3G coverage and National broadband and you'll have a very good idea then of the network around you. No need to worry about talk and text you have that everywhere.

the 600 plan still looks expensive if you'd get away with a min flex and a classic flexwink.gif

Super flex and a data add on does me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scot01

If are planning to go for a new phone and you have mentioned that you own a business ,so it is better to buy a phone system that suits your business needs. Try with alcatel phones , they have different kinds of phones suitable for different business needs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement