Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long do they take to process a Medical Card application?

• 11-01-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

It depends on how you made your application, whether it was online or not. I applied online last summer and had it in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

carleigh wrote: »
    It depends on how you made your application, whether it was online or not. I applied online last summer and had it in 2 weeks.

Serious?

Wow. That's good. Should have applied online. It's for a family member of mine. He applied by filling in the form and submitting it to the local community care centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Serious?

Wow. That's good. Should have applied online. It's for a family member of mine. He applied by filling in the form and submitting it to the local community care centre.

Thats the way i did it and it took a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Yeah, it was pretty quick, was surprised myself! Its very easy to do online, you fill in some details, and print out the application pack for your doctor to sign, so while you do the job of going to the doctor, they have already started to process it. I would recommend it to anyone! My local chemist couldnt believe how quick it was either. I was spending €120 a month on inhalers for my asthma so its been a Godsend for me!

Best of luck, hope it doesnt take too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

I applied in my local health office in February 2010, got the form back looking for additional information in November 2010. Sent it back in and still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I applied in my local health office in February 2010, got the form back looking for additional information in November 2010. Sent it back in and still waiting!

:eek:

Advertisement