Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mapping a Network Drive (SAMBA)

• 11-01-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

I Have purchased a Media Box which uses a samba server for Network Sharing. It seems to be working ok times but when I switch the box off and on again I loose all connection of the mapped drive (using my laptop) . I cant even ping it. :confused: I have used the ftp link in my browser also and nothing..

Is the samba sofware just shiit and unstable??:(

The box is showing that the samba software is on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Note: both boxes are on a wired connection (I access the box through my eircom router) both boxes have excellent internet connection

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

I Have purchased a Media Box which uses a samba server for Network Sharing. It seems to be working ok times but when I switch the box off and on again I loose all connection of the mapped drive (using my laptop) . I cant even ping it. :confused: I have used the ftp link in my browser also and nothing..

Is the samba sofware just shiit and unstable??:(

The box is showing that the samba software is on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Note: both boxes are on a wired connection (I access the box through my eircom router) both boxes have excellent internet connection

Not a lot to go on here. Samba is pretty stable, it sounds more like the box you're using doesn't save its config properly.

Are you sure you are supposed to be able to just turn this thing off and on? Maybe you are supposed to leave it on, or perhaps you are supposed to shut it down in a controlled way, through the user interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Switched pppoe off on the box seems to be working ok now

Advertisement