Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting xbox to tv (no sound)

• 11-01-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

YPBpr is what i use to play my xbox through, think its like the HD, gives a much better picture than just the normal tv, as you may know!

thing is i have no sound when playing the games but when i switch to watch tv sound is fine

anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

vectrahed wrote: »
    YPBpr is what i use to play my xbox through, think its like the HD, gives a much better picture than just the normal tv, as you may know!

thing is i have no sound when playing the games but when i switch to watch tv sound is fine

anyone any ideas?

Thanks

The red/green/blue are just for picture, you also have to plug in the red/white from the SD component cables for audio into your tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

The red/green/blue are just for picture, you also have to plug in the red/white from the SD component cables for audio into your tv.

ive always used the normal 3 connectors from the xbox lead to play and only found out that if i just connect the other 3 aswell id get better picture quality, picture is much better but still no sound and ive all connectors connected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ive always used the normal 3 connectors from the xbox lead to play and only found out that if i just connect the other 3 aswell id get better picture quality, picture is much better but still no sound and ive all connectors connected

might you you have to select a differnet channel or other setting on the tv?

is there a choice of av1, av2, component etc?

also
    I presume you had sound before plugging in the 3 extra cables? if so if you plug them back out, does the sound work?

also, a common error is that there are 2 red cables, so make sure the right ones are in the right place

Riskymove wrote: »
    might you you have to select a differnet channel or other setting on the tv?

is there a choice of av1, av2, component etc?

also
    I presume you had sound before plugging in the 3 extra cables? if so if you plug them back out, does the sound work?

yes i have av1 av2 hd1 hd2 and YPBpr

also had sound before i added the other connectors but if i disconnect ill have sound, connect no sound

the 3 audio cables are connected to the normal slots and the other 3 are in the YPBpr slots

• Advertisement

also, a common error is that there are 2 red cables, so make sure the right ones are in the right place

Ive tryed switching around but stiil no look :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

also had sound before i added the other connectors but if i disconnect ill have sound, connect no sound

the 2 audio cables are connected to the normal slots and the other 3 are in the YPBpr slots

Are there also red/white slots beside the YPBpr slots? If you still have them in the Red/white/yellow slots, it might just be that...

the 3 audio cables are connected to the normal slots and the other 3 are in the YPBpr slots

up to now which channel did you have it on? (i,e, with just the 3 cables in)

also, what model tv do you have?

Are there also red/white slots beside the YPBpr slots? If you still have them in the Red/white/yellow slots, it might just be that...

yea i think there is other slots beside the ypbpr slots

i just left the red yellow white in the normal slots

maybe i shud have another look :) have to take the tv off the wall so gis a few mins

Thanks

up to now which channel did you have it on? (i,e, with just the 3 cables in)

also, what model tv do you have?

well its a walker 32inch flat screen and i always had it on Fav with just the normal 3 leads

• Advertisement

yea i think there is other slots beside the ypbpr slots

i just left the red yellow white in the normal slots

thats it then the sound is still plugged in to the other av channel

moving them to the component slots should sort it

Guys youve sorted my 1 week old problem :)

feel so silly when didnt know a simple thing like this :)

but if ya dont ask ull never know haha

Thanks a mill guys

vectrahed,,,,, im off now to kick some butt on nfs hot pursuit yayyyyy

Guys youve sorted my 1 week old problem :)

feel so silly when didnt know a simple thing like this :)

but if ya dont ask ull never know haha

Thanks a mill guys

vectrahed,,,,, im off now to kick some butt on nfs hot pursuit yayyyyy

dont worry most of us have been there, you'd be surprised how many issues are fairly straightforward

enjoy!

Advertisement