Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel price

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I am looking for advise on the price a 9" RSJ 6 meters long

It is for an attic conversion and has to be cut and bolted in the middle of length for access to attic space.

Where would I source 2 of these in the south dublin area. What price would this item cost

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

You would need to get end cap plates welded to the girders to allow bolting together and fixing to the gable walls.

Around €230 should cover the steel and fabrication.

Any steel fabrication company in South Dublin would be able to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have been involved in around 10 attic conversions over this last 10 year and timber has been used as the purlin. Spliced in the middle and floor mounted to this.

Where would/ should I be looking for the standard RSJ design .

And what size should be used for different lengths to support a bedroom floor.
    Is there a table online for this

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

Supply of structural steel is about €1,500 a tonne. Franklin steel website gives the weight per metre of each steel type is you need a weights table

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mackerano

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I am looking for advise on the price a 9" RSJ 6 meters long

It is for an attic conversion and has to be cut and bolted in the middle of length for access to attic space.

Where would I source 2 of these in the south dublin area. What price would this item cost

thanks
    it would cost you around 700euro

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Depending on what you need roughly 700 to 1000 thats cut, driled and brackets PM me and I can tell you where to get this in Dublin 24

• Advertisement
Advertisement