Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get replica guns???

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get some replica ww2 guns in ireland ie some military fairs etc.
    I have some airsoft replicas/mp40 1911 but am really looking for the non firing type if possible.
    also if i buy from a website in the uk it it legal for me to order or do i need some paperwork.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

daveob007 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get some replica ww2 guns in ireland ie some military fairs etc.
    I have some airsoft replicas/mp40 1911 but am really looking for the non firing type if possible.
    also if i buy from a website in the uk it it legal for me to order or do i need some paperwork.
    thanks in advance

Talk to your local Gardaí as folk have hot in a lot of hot water importing de-activated firearms and having them in their possession.

It's not illegal to own them, you just need to get permission to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I have spoken to my super who told me that replicas do not need permission but deact guns do need it.
    some of the more expensive airsoft guns are very close to the real thing and are mostly metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

daveob007 wrote: »
    I have spoken to my super who told me that replicas do not need permission but deact guns do need it.
    some of the more expensive airsoft guns are very close to the real thing and are mostly metal.

A Guy in Portlaoise that used to sell Replica guns.

I have seen some very nice replicas, however I prefer the real thing :D

There is an Airsoft shop in Athlone with a replica GPMG

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

A Guy in Portlaoise that used to sell Replica guns.

I have seen some very nice replicas, however I prefer the real thing :D

There is an Airsoft shop in Athlone with a replica GPMG
    i have my real ones to use but want a collection of old guns ie ww2 or irish civil war etc.
    would prefer the real thing myself but how would i explain to my super why i need a m1 garand or gpmg or thomson.
    a shop here in limerick has a very nice airsoft german luger and some other stuff,most of the old classics are available from airsoft shops if i cant get the full metal replicas.
    just interested in the 2nd world war and have a few other bits like a hitler youth knife and a few badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

why buy replica's

half way down the page;)
    http://shoot.ie/
    nice price on them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Reason to give your super: 'I collect them'.
    An understanding super will be happy with that as long as you have no record and keep them safely.
    If you're just as happy with replica/model guns I'd go with that. Far less heartache.

Advertisement