Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Science subject

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Has anyone ever done this subject before ? if so are there any good books that help explain the topics covered in it as I find the lecturer's method's aren't the best and my head's melted trying to grasp it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hiya,

I've done this subject twice in two different course in DIT. If you send me a PM and let me know who the lecturer is I might have a suggestion.

Otherwise, I think I used Business, Maths and Statistics by A. Frances.

Maths centre in Kevin St would also be worth a go!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Alphyra

Hey,thanks for that :) does that book cover all the topics like EOQ,Linear programming,Transshipment Problems etc ?

What course are you doing?

I think it does, as far as I remember. I was looking for the recommended reading for my old course but its no longer on the system :(

Logistics&Supply chain management,just can't get this subject at all don't think I ever will :( ah sure I'll plow on anyways :D

Ah I'm a third year in that course :D

• Advertisement

Ha :D so you know what lecturer I'm talking about,went to one of those maths help courses once and the guy didn't really know anything about the subject nobody there did so it's a case of work it out on your own I think

Sure do:D

If you go to his office, he'l prob help u out himself yano...he's a sound man!

Exam paper generally stays the same every year anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Introduction to Management Science 9th edition - Bernard W. Taylor III. ISBN 0-13-237119-7

Very straightforward explanations of EOQ, Transhipment etc. Includes Simplex and other Linear Algebra for your optimization problems.

david wrote: »
    Introduction to Management Science 9th edition - Bernard W. Taylor III. ISBN 0-13-237119-7

Very straightforward explanations of EOQ, Transhipment etc. Includes Simplex and other Linear Algebra for your optimization problems.

Ah fair play to ya, I couldn't find my reading list from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well Im 4th MSISS in TCD so I doubt that was on your list but it's the simplest book I've found on the topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bwianoo14

Hey Guys,

would anyone be able to point the way for grinds in this subject?

Advertisement