Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Insulation

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could give very rough figures on the cost to do external insualtion on your average 3 bed semi-d?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

80-120euro a m2 for the good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭uptowngirly

bigmanhole wrote: »
    80-120euro a m2 for the good stuff

What is the good stuff? Am wondering so as I know what to specify when price checking - (mind you, we need to get the PP sorted first!)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rolling rock

Sorry for jumping into thread but I recently got a quote for 21,000 for a 4 bed detached bungalow using Brillux.
    Just wondering can anyone advise whats the best type of insulation type Brillux or Rockwool? Tried researching but can't find comparisons of the two.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Sorry for jumping into thread but I recently got a quote for 21,000 for a 4 bed detached bungalow using Brillux.
    Just wondering can anyone advise whats the best type of insulation type Brillux or Rockwool? Tried researching but can't find comparisons of the two.
    Thanks.

Brillux is not an insulation type. It's a company that primarily makes paint. They also are in the external insulation business. Brillux supply their system with 3 possible insulation types, white polystyrene, grey polysytrene and a mineral wool.

Rockwool is an insulation company that also happens to have an external insulation product. They only specify rockwool (which is a mineral wool) with their external insulation system.

I would suggest you also talk to CPI about their Baumit system. http://www.cpi.ie/index.asp
    Pricewise I've found them better than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

It is the installers you have to watch out for. Any system is only as good as the installers.

Advertisement