Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians in Cork City - recommendations please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fuzzball

used egans to get my prescription and went to specsavers to get the prescription filled as i wanted a pair of sunglasses as well.

my 12 y.o. son now needs glasses , he has his prescription made out so i may end up looking in specsavers as well.
    from speaking to my sister there is no0 come back with them if the frames get damaged so back to egans , although i think a pair he likes will be the clincher.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

Went to crowleys today to get my son tested for colour blindness, girl working there was really nice and couldnt have been more helpful,

I would reccomend them
    deRanged wrote: »
    mawk wrote: »
    crowley's on grand parade

that's where I go too. very helpful people.

Went to crowleys today to get my son tested for colour blindness, girl working there was really nice and couldnt have been more helpful,

I would reccomend them

I would reccomend them

I would reccomend them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Specsavers - I've been SO unhappy with the place. i know travel down to Clonikility to get my glasses.

They are appallingly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

My exact reasons for using the city center branch was the hot Northern Irish optician

At least I think she was hot, I could never really see her. (dark room + crap eyesight)

Yes she is super fit..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 angaryaintjust

Not to doubt tennis village's experience with Orlagh burkes, but I've been going there for 13 years and have only recently realised the service is in fact terrible, having not gone anywhere else I had no baseline. I went into the vision express clinic in Merchants quay and found them far better. In Burkes never kept fully in the loop, i wasnt even told what my prescription was until I asked, they have a terrible selection of frames, they dont do fittings either, I had been finding frames too tight for years and I have only recently been told that your size can be checked and it is writtten on the inner side of the frame arm, the lens index I was using was ridiculous for my prescription, waay to thick glass lense, when for half the price i could get far thinner plastic lenses. For years burke told me I could get laser eye surgery when my prescription settled, she never told me when I became ineligible, had to discover that one myself. My very last visit she menioned in passing i had a thin retina without mentioning any of the risks or even specifically i should avoid contact sports because of that. Despite having spent literally tens of thousands there and going for dozens of visits I was never recognised, always had to consult the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Leonie Lyons on Bridge Street. Fantastic optician. Myself and all my family have been going to her for years

did she work in Dalys before?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Used eagans in Cork City last year. Never seen so good in my life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

Any recent updates on this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

i went with Daly's and still with them - they are fanntastic.. real customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I'm still with Daly's too - always find them excellent and they seem to keep on top of new technology. The initial price tag is probably lower in Specsavers but when you factor in service I find Daly's to be better value in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I would recommend Dalys too...

Advertisement