Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant tonight

Options
  • 11-01-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

looking to go to a good restaurant tonight (or maybe tomorrow). somewhere city centre. somewhere flashy! any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

What kind of food are you after?

Flashy maybe park house, G, Aurdilaun?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vina Mara or Malt House, both flashy in cc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

or how about Oscars? Down opposite Roisin Dubh.

Amazing. The Prawn curry dish is out of this world and very very flashy!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

park house i find lacks atmosphere. the aurdilaun is a bit far out. what is the g like? never been.

vina mara and malt house are 2 places that have been recommended to me before. so might chance one of them.

have been to oscars a couple of times....and yes it is fantastic.

thanks for suggestions...keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Abalone on Dominick Street is the best in Galway for me...

• Advertisement

tried abalone before. wasn't overly impressed i have to say. but i've met many people who would agree with you, so maybe its time to try it again. thanks

what about for seafood? whats the best in galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Eight on the Docks. Best food in the city, best produce, best chef... It's the best restraunt in Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Go past 8 on the Docks to O Conaires, yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

The only restaurant worth going to in Galway is Cava, in Dominick street.. x

tasha200 wrote: »

There are about 5 restraunts in the city I'd rather eat in...
    Cava is good, but don't go getting carried away with yourself.
    It's neighbour is easily a better restaurant, to name just one.

Seaneh wrote: »
    There are about 5 restraunts in the city I'd rather eat in...
    Cava is good, but don't go getting carried away with yourself.
    It's neighbour is easily a better restaurant, to name just one.

care to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Kirwan's lane is excellent also and be in my top 3 with Oscar's and malt house

was in kirwans last valentines. man o man....some meal. definitely worth another visit

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

, , where get a daycent goulash?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

An Pucan do lovely evening meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

AMHRASACH wrote: »
    , , where get a daycent goulash?

Krcma do lovely goulash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

100% recommend The Malt House, the food and service is always excellent, always go there for all occassians, birthday, graduations etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

But where is KRCMA located? The website doesn't say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

KRCMA is in Salthill, just up a bit from the Oslo pub at the roundabout, across from the church maybe? (Hope I haven't imagined a church there)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

care to share?

Well in terms of its "neighbour" he means Abalone I guess. As for the other 4 better ones...I'd be keen to know too....8 is one of them from the previous post....

So where did you end up going chuky?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Spadina wrote: »
    KRCMA is in Salthill, just up a bit from the Oslo pub at the roundabout, across from the church maybe? (Hope I haven't imagined a church there)

Yep. I had to go to a funeral there once.

Guess what happened? :$

gandroid wrote: »
    Well in terms of its "neighbour" he means Abalone I guess. As for the other 4 better ones...I'd be keen to know too....8 is one of them from the previous post....

So where did you end up going chuky?

actually its tonight. looks like abalone. altho i still would like to try the malt house as ive never tried it

seriously, go to Eight. You will not regret it. I worked as a chef for over 5 years, I've eaten in some of the best restraunts in the world. Eight is the best food you are going to get in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Eight is fantastic alright but I have to say there's been talk of Oscars here and as a previous fan of the place I ate there recently and thought it was hopeless. Poor Service , Food was fairly bland and presentation was terrible.
    I wonder did they change chef or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Seaneh wrote: »
    seriously, go to Eight. You will not regret it. I worked as a chef for over 5 years, I've eaten in some of the best restraunts in the world. Eight is the best food you are going to get in Galway.
    big-up Eight!
    are you on commission for these guys Seaneh?!:D

the food there is pretty amazing but I would recommend booking a table in advance and asking if you have to be gone by a certain time
    shouldn't be a problem midweek though

It's not something I would ever say normally but make sure you try their chips...yes, chips! they're like the most unreal roast potatos you've ever eaten in the shape of giant chips!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I think The Gourmet Tart sounds fab, I babysit for a couple who go there a lot. And they really know their stuff on food.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

I really like Jalapenos on Quay Street, been going there for a good while now. They do a good range of food - decent breakfast, lunch and dinner menus (the Full Irish ain't as good as Finnegan's but not far off) and it's not too expensive. The staff are quite friendly as well.

Linky: http://jalapenos.ie/index.htm

Oh and they do a student discount too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

tasha200 wrote: »

+1:) for Cava.

Cava is Excellent, even more so if you like the Tapas vibe.
    Wine list is good, food is a very high standard.
    Can be very busy, good for couples and small groups.

Martines on Quay street is very good also, the duck is excellent there, wine list good. Deserts very good. Can be a romantic spot.

Park House for reliable high quality food, goes down well with American visitors, Parents and In-Laws.

Many other depending on the mood....

Advertisement