Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasure

Options
  • 11-01-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I did not hold back at Christmas, so now it's back to my daily grind avoiding all the lovely sweeties that I love so much.

I'm a healthy eater and I enjoy it BUT, if I had my choice, I would eat crisps and sweeties all day long.

I have one snack that is so "fat chick-y," I feel so guilty eating it, and only do so about once every 6 months and when I know I won't be interrupted.

It is:

Butter microwave popcorn, crushed cheese and onion walkers thrown in, all topped with melted butter and cheese.

What's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Microwaved milky way bar on toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

pow wow wrote: »
    I rather like the sound of this :p
    So do you, like, spread it out on the toast with a knife like chocolate spread, or just plonk it, deformed-bar-shaped, on top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

:D

Spread it out on the toast like chocolate spread. Lush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

pow wow wrote: »

Genius!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

melted chocolate on popcorn, dont knock it till ya try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Zaixora

Chocolate! My only weakness...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My really really furtive secret guilty pleasure isn't a sweet. It's.... processed cheese :o. I've been known to lick the wrapper of a double cheeseburger because I love the cheese so much :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭duckielover

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!ahh

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    melted chocolate on popcorn, dont knock it till ya try it!

Who would even try to knock this? Yums! Chocolate and popcorn is one of the best combos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Ah I got too many guilt pleasures:o But jelly beans would be at the top of the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

This is mine too, Only time I have it is at the cinema hence I try to limit myself to no more than once a fortnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I haven't had this in over a year, that's how BAD I felt while eating the whole pizza in one sitting! :pac:
    But a 12 inch American Classic with Jalapeno's on chilli marinara sauce from 4 Star Pizza with a can of lovely cold coke.

Or Bistro Bianconi's 12' margherita pizza with Italian salame and a massive swirl of chilli and lime dressing, again with some coke!

Amazing.

If it's something cheap and handy, jamaican ginger cake eaten straight from the packet. If I'm being more civilised, with a pint of
    custard over the top. :P Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

When I fancy a blow out, I get a snack box and onions rings from the local chipper and wash it down with a can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Lornen wrote: »
    Or Bistro Bianconi's 12' margherita pizza with Italian salame and a massive swirl of chilli and lime dressing, again with some coke!

:( I'm so jealous! Galway lost their bianconi's recently...no other Pizza will do!

Guilty Pleasure? It's gotta be crispy shredded chicken in hot chilli sauce with fried noodles from Chinatown in Galway. Has to be the worst thing for you in the world but it's sooooo good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ancelia

Butter icing, I have such a weakness for this thing... its actually disgusting how much of it I could eat in one sitting!! :P

I limit myself to having it about 3 times a year though otherwise I would have no teeth left + I would be huge lol

ancelia wrote:
    Butter icing, I have such a weakness for this thing... its actually disgusting how much of it I could eat in one sitting!!

I limit myself to having it about 3 times a year though otherwise I would have no teeth left + I would be huge lol

I know. I always prefer the icing to whatever it ices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Ancelia wrote: »
    Butter icing, I have such a weakness for this thing... its actually disgusting how much of it I could eat in one sitting!! :P

3 times a YEAR?!

Oh God.. We made 3 lots of cakes and cupcakes for different Birthday's over the weekend and I have eaten about 7 cupcakes loaded with buttercream frosting..

Amazing, I wouldn't call that a guilty pleasure though, it's practically a food group of mine alone... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

When I was younger I used to make a batch of chocolate buttercream to eat on its own. Nom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had a load of leftover vanilla buttercream the other day so I gave it to my friend and she ate the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

McCoy's Cheese and Onion crisps. Have to buy them when I see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My really naughty and frankly quite ridiculously fatty guilty pleasure is about 7 or 8 chocolate chip cookies, broken up in a bowl with milk poured over it. I eat it like cereal.

It's so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Snack Wafer, my absolute fave bar, could eat them all day :D

snack-wafer2.gif

Penny Sweet, edible paper money, fizz belts, flying saucers, fruit pastielles, crispts (popcorn, tayto, discos).

I could go on.....:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

watna wrote: »
    My really naughty and frankly quite ridiculously fatty guilty pleasure is about 7 or 8 chocolate chip cookies, broken up in a bowl with milk poured over it. I eat it like cereal.

It's so good!

Have u heard of cookie crisp?? ;)packet-cookie-crisp.jpg

Snack Wafer, my absolute fave bar, could eat them all day :D

snack-wafer2.gif

Penny Sweet, edible paper money, fizz belts, flying saucers, fruit pastielles, crispts (popcorn, tayto, discos).

I could go on.....:o:D
    Lol, I find that the least nice of the Snack varieties... it's very bland :o

Also: edible paper money?! Never have I come across this...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I hate Snack Wafer. I was always so disappointed in school when my mother got the multi-pack and at some stage I'd end up with Snack Wafer.

Purple > Yellow >>>>>> Pink

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lol, I find that the least nice of the Snack varieties... it's very bland :o

Also: edible paper money?! Never have I come across this...
    Haha I absolutely love that snack bar!!!

Edible paper money; though I prefer spendable paper money :p

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/edible-paper-p-148.html

http://www.sweetielady.co.uk/edible-rice-paper-money-large-p-549.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Have u heard of cookie crisp?? ;)packet-cookie-crisp.jpg

It's not the same. it has to be nice good quality chocolate chip cookies. I find that cookie crisp is really artificial tasting!

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    It's not the same. it has to be nice good quality chocolate chip cookies. I find that cookie crisp is really artificial tasting!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right ;)

I used to eat chocolate chip cookies topped with a huge dollop of cream when I was a kid.

Advertisement