Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Careful Where you Park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

That is scary stuff 2 things:

1) If you thought your jeep was about to get washed away would you really be falppin about with a purple umbrella :rolleyes:

2) @ 3.10 it looks like that white car came off the bridge ( i have no sound) i really hope there was nobody in it!!

Would love to know the actual timeframe of events as he seemed to start stop the camera a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus, if I were them I'd be less worried about the cars and more worried about myself!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

racso1975 wrote: »
    2) @ 3.10 it looks like that white car came off the bridge ( i have no sound) i really hope there was nobody in it!!
    It looks like a footbridge and it came from the other side (and under the bridge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah just seen it with sound and they said some cars parked up beyond the bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Did anyone besides the white 4x4 owner not think to themself "it's pi**ing rain outside and I'm parked beside a river"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Did anyone besides the white 4x4 owner not think to themself "it's pi**ing rain outside and I'm parked beside a river"...
    I don't know what he was worried about anyway. His jeep had a snorkel on it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

shedweller wrote: »
    I don't know what he was worried about anyway. His jeep had a snorkel on it!:D

Heh true. Not right to laugh at people's misfortune obviously.. but a bit of common sense wouldn't have gone astray either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

mad alright....

but some people are idiots ... not checking on their cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

dam nice suabru:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Shocking stuff. The last part would look well in the Obnoxious parking thread.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

such a shame, i seen a nice bugete Impreza STi in there too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

kceire wrote: »
    such a shame, i seen a nice bugete Impreza STi in there too :mad:

Don't worry.

It'll be coming to a used car showroom near you soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

seems the guy in the jeep was turning in his front hubs. old style 4wd, according to some you-tube user.

bmw535d wrote: »
    seems the guy in the jeep was turning in his front hubs. old style 4wd, according to some you-tube user.

The Hilux is that last 4x4 I remember having it when sold new. I think it was phased out during the mid 90's but I'm open to correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Call me an idiot, but id be wading out up to me knees to try and move my car! Imagine seeing it floating past you, heartbreaking!

Call me an idiot, but id be wading out up to me knees to try and move my car! Imagine seeing it floating past you, heartbreaking!

The 4x4 fair enough but you'd be up for a darwin award going into that after a car i feel

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The cars most likely would have been damaged by the water at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

If it was public parking there would just be no way of contacting the owners, but if they were cars owned by people on the other side of the building from where this guy was filming then I'd bet they would be fair pissed off after watching that clip.

I wonder what the timeline was, from when they first noticed that the water was rising until the cars were being swept away

Advertisement