Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break ins in Dromiskin area

Options
  • 11-01-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I woke up on Sat morning to find tha some lowlifes had broken into my house as I slept upstairs. They simply removed th botowm half of a double glazed window, crept through and helped themself to my belongings. They robbed 3 other houses in the area the same night, every house was occupied some had dogs but no one heard anything !!
    They took vehicle keys from each house and whatever else of value they could find lying around. All the houses were 2 storey and they didnt go upstairs in any of them. The guards told me they would be back for the vechicles when it suits them, thats the way they operate, probably didnt have the manpower to drive them all off on the night... Looks like they arrive in an area in 1 or more vans, drop people off at the selected houses and drive round til they get a call to come and pick up the actual burglers when they've left the house. They had to come and check out the area during the day I think cause its fairly rural and you'd need to know where you were going in the dark. So this is a warning to keep your eyes open for stange vans in your area and if you have an alarm, I don't, turn it on when you go to bed... I thought I was a light sleeper !!!! Anyone with any security advice feel free.....I'm thinking shotgun myself but its only useful if you hear the bastards !!!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Rottweiler, german shepherd or doberman, also get a gps tracker in your car now before its gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

bnear wrote: »
    I woke up on Sat morning to find tha some lowlifes had broken into my house as I slept upstairs. They simply removed th botowm half of a double glazed window, crept through and helped themself to my belongings. They robbed 3 other houses in the area the same night, every house was occupied some had dogs but no one heard anything !!
    They took vehicle keys from each house and whatever else of value they could find lying around. All the houses were 2 storey and they didnt go upstairs in any of them. The guards told me they would be back for the vechicles when it suits them, thats the way they operate, probably didnt have the manpower to drive them all off on the night... Looks like they arrive in an area in 1 or more vans, drop people off at the selected houses and drive round til they get a call to come and pick up the actual burglers when they've left the house. They had to come and check out the area during the day I think cause its fairly rural and you'd need to know where you were going in the dark. So this is a warning to keep your eyes open for stange vans in your area and if you have an alarm, I don't, turn it on when you go to bed... I thought I was a light sleeper !!!! Anyone with any security advice feel free.....I'm thinking shotgun myself but its only useful if you hear the bastards !!!!:mad:

sorry to hear you were burgled... i heard that the louth area, is easy prey, cause they come down the M1, and easy back on again.. and away... :mad:

best to turn your alarm on when going to bed! get some infra red / PIR floodlamps , front and rear, and CCTV, and a good dog.

i have CCTV thats uploaded to a server on the web, when motion is detected , so even if they break in and steal the cameras and recording equipment i still have the footage...

cameras are a good deterrent.

check out your windows, as some type of windows allow the pane to be removed from the outside! which is pretty stupid.

I have 2 german shepherds that have free roam of the place at night, front and back, so if anyone comes around they let me know!

these people prey on easy targets, if they come across the above, they move on and find an easier target..

in relation to your cars, get the code on the car system changed, which will make the stolen key useless to start car... or get a old fashioned gear/handbrake lock......

a few years ago, i was just in the door from the pub at 2am, when saw a van pull up down the road from my house, outside neighbours and pulled in behind neighbours van, i copped the two heads running back and forth between the vans, so i went out to see what was going on, when the sensor light came on, they copped the light coming on , i ran out, 2 dogs with me, and they got in van and were gone in a flash, there were only there for about 2 minutes, and took €13k worth of equipment. I called the gardai 999, and it took them 45 mins to arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Thanks for your suggestions, I dont have an alarm on my house and even if I'd had one I don't know many people who turn it on when they're going to bed, although its obvious to me now that thats the time to have it on !! I got a new car key so if they come back they can get into my car but wont be able to start it, trying to think of a nice surprise to leave for them, any suggestions ????
    Unfortunately I have the type of windows that can be taken out from outside, who invented these things ??? I've been advised to take the slips which hold them in out and put a few spots of silicone on them and then replace them. Hopefully if anyone tries to take them out again it'll be a bit harder and they'll decide not to spend the time on it !
    Sleeping with window open and car parked directly under it everynight waiting for them to come back, got a few nice things to drop on them... hoping they'll come back soon cause its a pain not knowing if they'll come or not, just want to get it over with now...

Advertisement