Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Baby Hamper

• 11-01-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my sister is due her baby at the start of Feb. And since she has everything from her last baby, I have nothing to get her, so I decided to put together a hamper for her. I already have 5 big bottles and 2 smaller ones(Is this enough to do her), I have got 2 big boxes of nappies and clothes,towels,bibs,keepsake book. Any other ideas of what I can put in?? What is a good alternitive to Johnson and Johnson stuff as the whole family is allergic to it!!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

The Boots Expert sensitive baby range is very good, I know loads of people who switched to it from Johnson & Johnson.

Those little bath thermometers that float around in the bath are handy, if she hasn't already go one.

Did she use caldesene powder on the last baby? You could get a tub of that is she did, always handy to have it.

This is excellent also: http://www.evergreen.ie/weleda-calendula-nappy-change-cream/098915pd.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

little me baby organics is a great range and not too expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

My friend did a hamper for me and I called it the hamper of things I never knew I needed! Some of the things included:

- Bottle brushes
    - A divided tub thing for measuring formula into when going out
    - A box of baby rice (cos you never know when the day is gonna come that you need it!)
    - Muslins
    - A pram toy book thing

Don't foret to put a little something in for mama too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a massive hamper from the girls in work, some I used, some I didn't:

Used:

It came in a big laundry type basket and I still use this for her clothes so keep separate.
    A tubberware box to bring formula box and bottles up to bed in the night.
    I had 6 small bottles (I used them for 6 weeks as she was early)
    sponges
    thermonitor for bath was great, never realised the water had to be so tepid.
    Thermonitor for the bedroom
    aveeno moisturising cream for baby
    baby towel with little flap for their head and arm piece to attach towel to you
    sleeping bags ( these were a god send once she was big enough for them (about 3 weeks)
    suducreme
    very soft fleece for tummy and floor time
    celular balnkets (4 white ones from guineys that were brilliant for the hospital and 1st few days at home.
    muslin squares, best thing ever, use as bibs / to wipe face / everything
    nail clippers set
    sterliser and microwave sterliser

Didn't use:

velor baby gros, she was too hot in them, cotton babygro and cardigan was more than enough
    all the j+j bath / shampoo etc, i have only every used plain water, aveen and suducreme on her, but I will use these later.
    Any outfits on a hanger etc babygro is all I ever put on her, she wasnt comfy in anything else and she hates tights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Thanks for all the info ladies. I will pick up the muslin cloth things and some baby skin care goodies.

I got mama a spa voucher, can't forget about her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info ladies. I will pick up the muslin cloth things and some baby skin care goodies.

I got mama a spa voucher, can't forget about her!!!

And a baby sitting voucher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My mam made one up for me and my aunt who were due around the same time.

She bought two baby baths and made them up separately with vests, babygros, nappies, wipes, mittens, hats, baby towels, baby washes (johnson & johnson, although she knows now how harsh it is haha!), soothers (just in case!), bottles (tommee tippee closer to nature ones), nappy bags etc...

She picked it all up every week once she found out we were both pregnant so no major cost to her as she was doing it with her weekly shop and she done really well. She done it for my second daughter too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

calpol always comes in handy too,
    as for alternatives to johnson and johnson, cotton wool and water is what we mostly used but chemists/supermarkets usually have a good baby cleaning range, dummies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Thanks everyone.Finished my hamper today, delighted with it. Was in dundrum yesterday and seen a baby hamper for 150euro and didnt have half the stuff i have and it only cost me 80 :) happy days! now i cant wait to meet my new newphew/niece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

That's such a lovely gift, and so thoughtful :)

When baby rylie arrived I didn't have any of the medicines stocked up, now any of my friends who have babies I pick up the following for them- it's a bit of a weird gift but invaluable if your baby is sick at 2am! I know alot of these can only be used from 2-3 months but it saves new parents having to pick them up.

Calpol/paralink suppositories
    Neurofen
    Thermometer
    Karvol
    Snot sucker
    Sterimar spray
    Diaoralyte sachets

• Advertisement
Advertisement