Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC(NTL) TV reception any good these days?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 4:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Hi, I'm thinking of switching back to NTL(now UPC) for my TV to avail of their TV/Broadband deal that's cheaper than Sky TV/Eircom Broadband I currently have. But I had NTL TV before a couple of years or so ago and moved to Sky as it had a habit of loosing reception on a regular basis and their customer service was impossible to get a hold of.
    Anyone know if this has improved? Cheers, Sharon (I'm in the Grove).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

reception in the crescent is fine, I've DIgital + (recorder box) + two standard rooms, 20Mb boradband and a phone for 62 yoyos a month as part of customer loyalty (5 years counting!)

stability seems fine, i have however noticed that the quick EPG can be a bit off and misleading at times but i think thats a bug with the software as when you go into the full EPG it seems to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I'm in the court, we've no problems with our upc. We've tv phone and 15mb broadband which has just been upgraded to 20 for free. Tvs digital with recording facility.I'd recommend it.
    Just read matt's reply. I've the same package exactly but I'm paying 90e a month, possibly because of the loyalty bonus, either way I'm about to ring them and"see what they can do!"

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Check out the interface on UPC digital before you switch. Its a matter of preference I guess but I think SKY are ahead when it comes to menus (for the HD box menus anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

agreed, sky's EPG is faster and works better. but worth paying the same price???

I think for 45 yoyos id only get a sky box, whereas for an extra 17 more i get broadband, two extra rooms and a phone!

recession is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Everybody ring and quote what Matt-Dublin's is paying!

As he said, there is a recession. DOnt ask, dont get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I have the full UPC services for 2 and a half years and have had just a few minor issues.
    They were addressed and sorted within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

thanks for that tip matt-dublin, just got eur20 a month off my bill!

Advertisement