Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overtime at Christmass

Options
  • 11-01-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

I was called into work on sunday the 26th [Stevens' Day] to assist with a flood,i was in work for 7 hours.

in my view i should be due doubble pay and a days holidays for this
    but managment have said im only intiteled to 7 hours pay and a days holiday as i had the monday off as the bankholiday

any idea on whos right ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on what your contract says about working Sundays. Why would you be entitled to double time?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Does this thread help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

yes if it was a normal sunday i would get double time.

what they say is that i got my day off on the monday. so got my 8 hours pay allready and that if i got double and a day off i would be geting 4x pay that day.

they gave me 2 options 7 hours flate rate + 1 day off or 2 days off

in there view the bankholiday was mon and tue and i got these days off/payed so sunday is only viewed as a normal sunday if that makes sence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think that sounds right; check out the thread I linked to earlier. You're asking for double pay, plus the Monday off, plus an extra day's leave. Saturday and Sunday were the public holidays; Monday and Tuesday were bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

thanks,looks like ill take 2 days off

• Advertisement
Advertisement