Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you report SW fraud?

• 11-01-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

Would you?

I have a neighbour/friend, who is quite a good/decent woman. She minds my child at the drop of a hat, is quite generous of her time/money, is very good in a crisis (always appears in control) and quite often, I have asked her for advice.

However, she is claiming lone parents allowance for her and her 3 children, whilst her partner, who earns in excess of 60k p.a., lives with her. She also claims rent allowance (900pm) from the HSE. She has been on the housing list for years with the local council, with no sign of her getting housed. However, they have just booked this years summer holiday, to florida:rolleyes:

I received an email from someone today, telling me they had reported their sister for SW fraud, and she sent me the link (I didn't even know it existed!) and encouraged me to report anyone and everyone doing this. We have all received our first payslips of 2011, and needless to say, resentments are running high:mad:

So my question is really, would you report someone committing SW fraud, if they were technically, a friend/family member? Would it just be resentment on your part, and would it come back to haunt you? If you did it, would you regret it for the rest of your days, and does karma exist in this instance?

Do you believe that 'No good will come of this' or should I 'Report her Now'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ceribabe

Tough one, if in doubt - keep it zipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

But that's the thing - I'm not in doubt. She tells me all the details of his earnings etc...I probably know more about their finances than he does;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ceribabe

Would you like someone to do it to you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Unless you think she'll figure out that it was you, report her. It's not like she is in anyway in dire times and deserves a blind eye to be turned towards her. That holiday to Florida is essentially tax payers money going straight out of the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

yes I'd report if I was sure of my facts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I tell nobody my salary or details of my rent, not my neighbours or friends.

Report her, that's just bragging going around telling people all her business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭upinthesky

no i would not report anyone it is the government's own fault for the way they deal with rates of pay look how much there paying back to the banks there using the general public to do the social welfare inspectors job
    maybe they should higher more inspectors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

From this forum charter:
    Do not advocate, hint at, mention, talk about or otherwise mention any method of defrauding the Welfare or Health Board.

Yes you should report Social welfare fraud. End of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement