Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone recommend reportageweddings.ie

• 11-01-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend Reportageweddings.ie / Pictage.ie, same guy?

Was thinking of using them for our wedding and liked their albums etc. but seems to be very little about them online, just looking for an honest second opinion or someone with past experience.

Thanks

Y

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Just from looking at the websites will you get John Burke when you book with either reportageweddings and pictage, maybe something to check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

I thought so as the phone number is the same etc. but worth confirming. The way I wrote the original post is confusing as I wasn't really querying whether it was the same guy or not.

I met him and got a good vibe etc. but just wondering if anyone else has any experience with him under either the reportageweddings.ie or pictage.ie name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you could check out some boardsies if you are looking for a wedding photographer.

Rachel Fox (smelltheglove)

Aindreas Lynch (Ballyman)

Keith Jack (Borderfox)

I'm sure theres probably some that I missed ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69479591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Byrne29

I haven't dealt with them before but feel free to browse my site if your into reportage style I cover that :)

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

John Burke from Co Meath did the photography at two of my brothers weddings, both my sisters in law were very happy with both the photographs and their experience dealing with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thanks PC, OP you can give me a shout for info if you like or check out my new site which should be finished by the end of the day.

With regards to reportage and pictage, I havent heard of them before but as said above ensure that when you book you are booking the photographer you want rather than a company who might supply one of a few photographers. If John Burke is the photographer you met and the one you want make sure it is made clear he is the photographer you will get. In Ireland it is most likely that each company is one photographer acting as a sole trader and accepting work they themselves will cover, just the fact that you have mentioned 2 different company names it may be worth checking out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please do not offer services here, or in other threads.

You may, however, direct people to the Services Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Sorry Cabain I was just responding to PCs post really.

The advice part of my post stands OP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Rachel, It was not directed at you. More a general reminder. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

If it's a reportage style wedding you after, here's who I'd recommend .... http://www.rogeroverall.net/ ... if you can get him that is.

No connection to me btw!

• Advertisement

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    If it's a reportage style wedding you after, here's who I'd recommend .... http://www.rogeroverall.net/ ... if you can get him that is.

No connection to me btw!

he loves the hdr look doesnt he??

Borderfox wrote: »
    he loves the hdr look doesnt he??

You reckon? I don't see any HDR there !

dont think its HDR - more of "loop and curves" ..... highlighting grain.

I've no idea if they have or not. Still the best Irish reportage wedding photography I've seen, IMO of course.

Just seen his prices :eek:

€0.08 per day ... cheap as chips :D

Just seen his prices :eek:

from the website
    Q: What is our investment?
    A: Packages start at €2,250.
    Good luck with that!!!

Apologies if I'm bringing the thread slightly off topic, but there is an interesting article with many responses here .

For what it's worth I think the prices are what I would expect for this type of quality photography.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

but there is an interesting article with many responses

It's a stupid article...

The chef could have walked out and given him multiple reasons as to why he believed the burger represents value for money in the same what he attempts to providing reasoning as to why his €3000 wedding package represents value for money.

Trying to compare a meal that you digest to a photo album that you keep for 100 years is in many respects totally incomparable.

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Apologies if I'm bringing the thread slightly off topic, but there is an interesting article with many responses here .

For what it's worth I think the prices are what I would expect for this type of quality photography.

I'm sorry but you have lost me there .... the article is a vague attempt at trying to make his own product seem like good value..... which in my opinion it isn't.

We've all gone off topic here ....the OP asked about a specific photographer and 2 websites which offer "reportage style" wedding packages, I recommended some other boards users, you recommended rogeroverall, since some of us here have never heard of him we gave our opinion of the website and the images.

Personally I dislike his handling of post processing - some of the images seem decent enough - but that's just my opinion.

This is not a witch-hunt attacking rogeroverall - I'm getting the impression that you want to defend any comments made which criticise his website and his work.

We seem to have a number of recent threads where people post their opinion of a website/business and suddenly people take offence to another persons opinion and try to defend the website/business, this in my opinion only results in bad publicity for the business/website because (in general) the people that defend the website/business are trying to help/protect a friend.

Sorry for derailing this thread - OP - hope some of the earlier responses allowed you to make up your mind about the 2 websites and photographer you were looking at trying to book....or at the very least you considered your options - there are plenty of people out there that can take photos and plenty who claim to be professional....its upto you to find one who's style you like and if they don't perform to the standard they claim to offer.... contact your solicitor, too many rogue "photographers" out there.

PCPhoto wrote: »

I'm getting the impression that you want to defend any comments made which criticise his website and his work.

We seem to have a number of recent threads where people post their opinion of a website/business and suddenly people take offence to another persons opinion and try to defend the website/business, this in my opinion only results in bad publicity for the business/website because (in general) the people that defend the website/business are trying to help/protect a friend.

I don't know Roger from Adam, never met the chap and I don't see where I'm making any defence of his photography or prices.

I just shared a link and expressed my own opinion.

I see this place hasn't changed much. :(

Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 enzyme

These all have been through photomatix more than likely using different exposures from the one raw file

Do you think he asked everyone to freeze as he handheld the photo and took his multiple exposures:D

I use photomatix. None of these images are HDR. Fact:P

These all have been through photomatix more than likely using different exposures from the one raw file]

Do you think he asked everyone to freeze as he handheld the photo and took his multiple exposures??:D

I use photomatix. None of these images are HDR. Fact :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

enzyme wrote: »
    Do you think he asked everyone to freeze as he handheld the photo and took his multiple exposures??:D

I use photomatix. None of these images are HDR. Fact :P

why would he need multipal exposures if working off the one raw file?

fact :D

Oops my dyslexic head missed the Raw file. :eek: Seriously though. They aren't HDR. Roger never uses HDR. He may use multiple images versions from the one RAW file due to the difficult lighting but that's not unusual for photographers. The man probably doesn't know what HDR is. Ha. I know him. Trust me.

I have opinions on his ability as a wedding photographer but I'll say nothing as mentioned by someone else I don't want to go off the beaten track.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Roger never uses HDR.
    He may use multiple images versions from the one RAW file due to the difficult lighting but that's not unusual for photographers.
    The man probably doesn't know what HDR is. .

Do you :rolleyes:

I know you're a moderator and all but this topic was about wedding photographers and I'm not one!

• Advertisement

I know you're a moderator and all but this topic was about wedding photographers and I'm not one!

your right, ot. my bad.
    :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement