Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old english sheepdog

• 11-01-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm mad to get a puppy and was thinking of getting an old english sheepdog. Was just wondering if anyone out there has one and what one can expect from that breed of dog. We had to put our own dog down 2 yrs ago, cancer, we had him for about 18 yrs, he was a mongrel and a large enough dog so we're used to large dogs. Really miss having a dog around, nothing beats the feeling of someone being so unconditionally happy at seeing you!!:p anyone know of any good breeding kennels?

thanks in advance.

P.S. was researching the breed online but you only ever seem to get general info, looking for more hands on info.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

They are a lovely breed and all the ones I've met have been friendly. Keep in mind though, these are big dogs with a lot of hair that need daily grooming to avoid matting, and they can be very stubborn and hard to train. They also have a tendency to be a bit hyper but once well trained, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Dont know any breeders, but i reccomend you contact the Irish kennel club, they should be able to put you in contact with a reputable breeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

We had one years ago but unfortunately she died at 18 months of liver cancer so was a short loveaffair with the breed for us

Advertisement