Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting

Options
  • 11-01-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi there a friend of mine is renting a room in a house and iv been there one or two times and met the landlard and i get the feeling there abit on the dogey side. All the other people in the house are the landlards family(who pay rent too). My friend is paying 60 euro a week and anything up tp 80 a month for bills(witch he never sees). The landlard is also getting quite a lot of welfare so my friend says, (dole, fual alowance etc) but is getting alot from the rent etc. Is there anywhere to go to get help with this? Could he get in trouble over it? Should he tell the welfare about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

He should insist to see bills before he pays them.

Apart from that, it could be that the landlord hasn't told the SWO about his rental income but telling on him would mean your friend would probably have to find a new place to live - it's unlikely the landlord would not know who alerted them to this fact if the other people renting are family members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭moomoocow

He has been looking for another place to stay because i told him he's being robbed blind by them

Advertisement