Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X8 - how do I know if its using wifi or internet?

• 11-01-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I know the wifi is turned on,(saying its connected) but still think its using internet charges to do certain things, and now im afraid to download any apps for fear of the charges being taken from my credit.

Can I download apps using wifi, and how do i ensure that this is whats used in all cases? (can internet settings be turned off permanently?)

Am currently going through online user guide to see if I can find the answer myself, but just don't have enough time in a day to sort little things out.

Thanks a mil.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lossy

I have the X8 and here is what i did

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    click on settings icon
    then
    wireless & networks
    then
    mobile networks
    then
    disable data traffic
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

have done loads of stuff on wifi and credit hasnt changed

If you want to download etc. while you are not near a wifi point and dont mind being charged for credit just turn the data traffic back on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have X8 also and what lossy says is 100% correct.

That way you have total control over when and what type of connection you use. If you do need to use a 3G connection which you will be charged for might be wise to also get a data monitoring app so you can keep track of how much you have used.

Advertisement