Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Fahey to hold public meeting on economic crisis

Options
  • 11-01-2011 6:01pm

http://www.galwaynews.ie/16993-frank-fahey-hold-public-meeting-economic-crisis
    Galway West Fianna Fáil Deputy Frank Fahey has called a public meeting next week to discuss the economic crisis.

Deputy Fahey will be joined by NUI Economist and Special Advisor to the Minister for Finance Dr Alan Ahearne.

Dr Ahearne will give a presentation on the four-year National Recovery Plan and the IMF/EU Bailout.

He'll also make predictions on how the economy will recover into the future.

Deputy Fahey is urging the public and local businesses to come to the meeting, which will take place in the Clayton Hotel next Monday at 8pm.
    Anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

What a shyster! Reminiscent of the time he organised a meeting during the property collapse to reassure first time buyers that now was the time to buy... what's he going to tell us this time, that the IMF bailout is good for us, and we should vote FF because they have our best interests at heart? :rolleyes:

I won't be going, if only because I fear what I might say at the meeting to Fahey would get me arrested...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yay - we're all saved.

'cptr :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Clutching at straws the dirty cocunut.
    I hope he gets heckeled and abused thr rotten fcuker.
    I would be very very dissapointed if he gets back in.

He has his pensions he'll never have any worries

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

He's lookin for an excuse to retire its best just ignore him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

He's lookin for an excuse to retire its best just ignore him ;)

Shoddy workmanship, Cowboys I tell ya, cowboys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

About 2 years too late for this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm tempted to go along and ask questions about his property portfolio and his conflicts of interest and did he not say the housing market had bottomed out a few times as well?

Either way, I expect security on the doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

King Canute... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Too far to go for the troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I had to read the title a few times, thought it was a wind up, surely the megameloniac can't be serious?:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Too far to go for the troll.

just need commitment to trollin':p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Frank Fahy giving a talk on the economic crisis? Is he going to apologise for causing it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

I wonder will he talk about those investing heavily in property?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/politics.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

aw :(

If I hadn't already emigrated I'd have loved to have gone. I'd have probably gotten thrown out but it would have been great for the craic - just around the corner from where we used to live, too.
    eagle10 wrote: »
    dirty cocunut

consider this stolen. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Ah yes,

the man who told all the first time buyers of Galway that there was "never a better time to buy" a first home in January 2009. I hope nobody listened to him and I hope nobody votes for him next time. His days of shabby back-slapping politics, conniving with developers and bankers, should be confined to history.

Adios

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

What odds the traditional FF voters returning 2 of the 3 candidates cos they've always voted FF and wouldn't dream of voting in the Blueshirts, Labour etc etc etc. despite bringing the country to its knees

It doesn't surprise me he's holding a meeting like this, like his buddies in Leinster house he has a neck like a jockey's whatsits and no sense of moral responsibility.

He, Fianna Fail and many of the so called opposition should all hang their heads or be hung by other available parts..!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Caribs wrote: »
    What odds the traditional FF voters returning 2 of the 3 candidates cos they've always voted FF and wouldn't dream of voting in the Blueshirts, Labour etc etc etc. despite bringing the country to its knees

It doesn't surprise me he's holding a meeting like this, like his buddies in Leinster house he has a neck like a jockey's whatsits and no sense of moral responsibility.

He, Fianna Fail and many of the so called opposition should all hang their heads or be hung by other available parts..!!!

Its very likely imo Galway west is pretty conservative and O'Cuiv's preferences should help another FF'er in, unless they are split in such a way as not to benefit either candidate enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

So , a question for mr Fahy, why is Galway Airport losing it's PSO incentive and Kerry and Donegal are not?.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

The sheer neck of it.
    Has he no shame even at this late stage?
    How would he even start?
    " We are where we are, but how did we get here?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

Frank Fahy giving a talk on the economic crisis? Is he going to apologise for causing it or something?
    FF goons like him dont apologise..its not in their DNA unfortunately! Anyone who had the misfortune to witness that idiot's performance on 'midweek' tonight couldn't possibly take anything he says seriously:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is anyone actually going to this?
    Is there a possibility of having it filmed and putting highlights on youtube in the public interest?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is there a possibility of having it filmed and putting highlights on youtube in the public interest?

None, Frank will have his normal 'personal security detail' with him and they will take your nice iPhone off you if you try. If you are in the middle of a group of about 20 mates you may get out of there with your phone intact but don't try recording on your own. :)

What do you think this is, a democracy :cool: ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Fcukface fahy is only doing that meeting in the hope that enough gullable people will show up so that he can buy their votes. Make sure you show up at this and expose him and his maFFia for the crooked fraudsters that they are.

Unitedpeople.ie is a great for reading all about the maFFia failures. Put together booklets and hand them out for everyone. Wish I could go to do this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Frankeen pretty much sums up why this country is fecked.

He has the biggest property portfolio in the Dail, because he spent the Celtic Tiger years chasing deals with his developer buddies.

He sold off our offshore energy rights to Shell for a ridiculously low price and the people of North Mayo have been suffering since. But once they are not in Galway West, he doesn't care ...

He arranged a special programme for his own buddies here in Galway while Minister for the Marine, but forgot to tell fishermen in places like Donegal or Kerry that they were also entitled to payments.

He was trawled out onto TV3 last week, when not one FF Minister would defend the lame duck Taoiseach.

His obsession with the outer bypass, and total disregard for other options such as light rail, might just lead you to think that he has a vested interest in terms of development land.

He's been part of the Government for 20 of the last 23 years, the Government that bailed out crooked banks, and wrecked our economy.

And now he wants to discuss the economy with us ... give us a break!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

galwayrush wrote: »
    So , a question for mr Fahy, why is Galway Airport losing it's PSO incentive and Kerry and Donegal are not?.:rolleyes:

I cannot abide Feeling Frank and his buddies, but in fairness, Kerry airport and Donegal airport are far more worthy of PSO incentives than Galway airport.

Kerry and Donegal are actually remote to Dublin, Galway really is not, especially with the new motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'll be going, hopefully I'll have the chance to ask questions before I get chucked out.
    Open to suggestions if anyone is unable to attend but has any they want asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Heh, sounds good man! I may be going depending on how my cold is tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

mikom wrote: »
    King Canute... lol
    Ironically, the original spelling was King Cnut.

Ride him out of town on a rail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

I hope that many of the posters here who are unhappy with their representation come out tomorrow night and make their voices heard.
    Unless you take part in the system, you have no place to complain that it is broken.

Politicians like Frank Fahy got where they are because YOU let them gt away with it.

Show him and his cronies that you do not accept.

See you tomorrow.

Advertisement