Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Fahey to hold public meeting on economic crisis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I'll be going, hopefully I'll have the chance to ask questions before I get chucked out.
    Open to suggestions if anyone is unable to attend but has any they want asked.

Here's two for ya, lifted from the pin:

"Alan, can you explain how creating an artificial floor on house prices has helped our economy rebound so strongly"

"Frank, what would be your advice to me finding myself in negative equity having followed the advice of your 2009 seminar"

http://www.galwaynews.ie/17088-protest-planned-city-public-meeting-economy
    January 17, 2011 - 4:39pm
    PROTEST PLANNED FOR CITY PUBLIC MEETING ON ECONOMY
    A group opposed to cuts to public services in Galway will protest outside a public meeting organised by Galway West Fianna Fáil, T.D Frank Fahey tonight.

Deputy Fahey organised a meeting at the Clayton Hotel in Briarhill for 8 to discuss the economic crisis.

He'll be joined by Dr. Alan Ahearne, NUIG economist and special advisor to the Finance Minister.

Anyone wishing to attend the meeting is asked to register beforehand.

The Galway Unites Against Cutbacks group is calling on anyone who has a point to make to the Fianna Fáil party to join the protest at the Clayton Hotel at 7.15p.m.

Spokesperson for the group, Dette McLoughlin, says they should get an apology from Frank Fahey for the Government's actions.

Edit: It seems to be the SWP: http://www.swp.ie/events/demonstration-fianna-fail-td-frank-fahey-meeting/3972

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone wishing to attend the meeting is asked to register beforehand

Why would people be vetted for going to an important economic information meeting organised by a local TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why would people be vetted for going to an important economic information meeting organised by a local TD?

A genuine public meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

A genuine public meeting.

You forgot these: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

From The PropertyPin, one of the lads is broadcasting here, lots of buffering problems on the uplink so you will miss half of every sentence.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cathalfurey

Frank Fahey and Padraig O Ceidigh looking conspiratorial at head table as Alan Ahearne speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Lot of people booing

sometimes you need to F5 to get the stream back ...if it goes 'offline'

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

To the boardsie with the long hair and Northern accent that just asked Frankeen about his 40 gaffs and Shell: have a pint on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

... well that all ended very well :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Did ya see Fahy yawning... what a ****

Was that Joe 'Cement Mixer' McNamara that broke up the meeting?

He said he was running against Frank. End of meeting. :)

At least Alan Ahearne stayed - 40 Gaffs made a run for it.

P.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    He said he was running against Frank. End of meeting. :)

Love the way he walked past O Ceidigh and called him an FF puppet (or possibly f..kwit).

I think we should request that all our FF local representatives hold such informative meetings....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

I was there and walked out, what did boardsies think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can you give a rundown on it, for those of us that did'nt get the net link.

Can you give a rundown on it, for those of us that did'nt get the net link.

Was very evident at the start FF had packed their members in, maybe to reaffirm support of those disillusioned?

Basically Frank Fahey gave his two cents first, reaffirmed his support of FF.

Ahearne gave a VERY long speal about how the four year plan is working, we're turning a corner, yada yada yada. Was pure BS! ALOT of heckling because of his lies.

Then questions and answers happened, some very tame questions (might have been from FF supporters, could be wrong!) and when real questions were asked, alot of heckling from FF support, but Fahey and Ahearne tried to answer with poor rambling wishy washy answers and the non-FF public got angered to the point that they (I think FEE (Free education for everyone initiated)) and walked out shouting abuse on the way and rightfully so and that ended the meeting, didn't see the McNamara guy myself as I had already walked out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Fahey is a fool if he thought this event would not back fire, incidentially I'm not that encouraged that another property developer is going to stand in the election - joe McNamara. He speculated and lost and now he wants a handy number on the back of it. This country is in the gutter!

I was there as well.
    Pombear's account is very accurate.

Incredible sense of anger at the meeting. The place was a powderkeg.

After last night's dramatic economic meeting Clayton Hotel Frank Fahey is now 9/2 from 3/1 by John Mulholland bookies. lolololololol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did he not have his own lackeys there? Made good viewing on the One O'Clock News:)

Did he not have his own lackeys there? Made good viewing on the One O'Clock News:)

they packed the place with FFers, possibly to address the disillusioned?

they would have had a better time convincing me santa claus was real with the BS they were spouting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Fahey is a fool if he thought this event would not back fire, incidentially I'm not that encouraged that another property developer is going to stand in the election - joe McNamara. He speculated and lost and now he wants a handy number on the back of it. This country is in the gutter!

Exactly, why some people see this person as some sort of hero is really fe(ked up. Read up a bit on what this guy was trying to develop, a massive 4star hotel in achill, how on earth did he or the bank think that this would be a commercial success is beyond me, then when the bank comes to their senses hes now acting like a spoiled brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

That first woman was quite annoying, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Thanks Pombear, good videos, thats the sort reception every scumbag FFer should get from this day on.

• Advertisement

PomBear wrote:

That's my back at 0;37!

Advertisement