Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard Tribute Band Hires One Armed Drummer

Options
  • 11-01-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

A Def Leppard tribute band from Texas has recently advertised, and now hired, for the position of a one armed drummer.

pyromaniaad.jpg

When the Dallas Observer called the phone number listed on the "seeking bandmember" poster below, the newspaper got the following message:

"If you're calling about the Dallas-based DEF LEPPARD tribute band PYROMANIA... we found our one-armed drummer, and I wanna thank everyone who auditioned, but the position is filled."

Another tribute band with the same name, in California, called the act disgusting and disrespectful and asked not to be associated with this band when their picture appeared in a local paper beside the article

http://www.defleppardtribute.com/

So far, there is no word from the Texas based band on who their new drummer is, and whether any performances will be scheduled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

That's pretty f*cking terrible, but I commend their attention to detail.

Also someone ring up these eejits and tell them it's "YOU'RE"! GRRRRR! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I like the authenticity of it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

truly a tribute band!:D

i'd say rick is fine with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chin_grin wrote: »
    Also someone ring up these eejits and tell them it's "YOU'RE"! GRRRRR! :D
    That was the first thing that came into my head when I saw the poster :). It should also read "seeking one-armed drummer" rather than "seeking one arm drummer".

Then again, these are Americans and worse yet, Texans so I suppose we should cut them some slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Don't know what to say, they're definitely chancing some part of their anatomy, can't quite put my finger on it. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Malice_ wrote: »
    That was the first thing that came into my head when I saw the poster :). It should also read "seeking one-armed drummer" rather than "seeking one arm drummer".

Then again, these are Americans and worse yet, Texans so I suppose we should cut them some slack.

It should also read Leppard not "Leapard". Attention to detail on one hand and then......crap I'm not even going to finish that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

RebelSoul wrote: »
    It should also read Leppard not "Leapard". Attention to detail on one hand and then......crap I'm not even going to finish that.
    Considering they're a cover band of Def Leppard, you'd think they would be able to spell their damn name properly - assuming they're their favourite group as a band, which is highly likely seeing as they cover them!

And they write out the the terms and conditions as if they're doing a potential drummer a favour, considering they're looking for a one armed drummer for a Def Leppard cover band with pro-kit and the works, with the rather particular term of not being addicted to heroin (Sidenote: Being one armed would have the chance of finding a vain, I'd imagine), really the drummer would be the one doing them a favour.

To be honest, they sound stupid enough to decide to chop their mates' arm off just to make him drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I'd give my right arm to be the drummer in a Def Leppard tribute band......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thats brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fair play to them!

I don't see why there is such a fuss. They are being totally harmless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fair play to them!

I don't see why there is such a fuss. They are being totally harmless
    So bad..... it's good. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 hihat

how about two armed drummer puts one arm in his/her sleeve muahahaha:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Does he need to beat his wife and be able to swim in circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

david75 wrote: »
    Does he need to beat his wife and be able to swim in circles?

I don't think Rick Allen ever beat his wife?

His first wife was Stacey, they split in 2000, he's now married to Lauren....I don't think he ever hit either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I don't think Rick Allen ever beat his wife?

His first wife was Stacey, they split in 2000, he's now married to Lauren....I don't think he ever hit either of them

He was arrested for spousal abuse in '95 at Los Angelas airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

RebelSoul wrote: »
    He was arrested for spousal abuse in '95 at Los Angelas airport.

Fair enough, I guess that's why he's divorced

Jesus, all that money and success and he still has to be an arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He wears a wife-beater vest on stage doesn't he. Proof enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

In Texas every one is armed...

Advertisement