Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GMail dissappeared....

• 11-01-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi I hope someone can shed some light on this mysterious issue! I cannot access my gmail form my computer,well at least from mine and my daughters accounts. It has totally blocked us, it pops up the awful notice-internet explorer cannot display this web page. I can get access through my husbands account but it's just smoother to do it from my own. Why would this happen and any idea how to remedy the situation-bearing in mind that I am not very technically minded at all. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So clarify you all use the one PC with three log ins?

Was there anything installed or changed on your account recently, can you access other pages? (Try typing www.google.ie in to the address bar).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

We do all use the one p.c and no there was nothing installed recently. All other pages are still accessible. And I have tried any other way I could think of to get into the account including typing into the toolbar. It's a mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

can you describe in details the steps your taking?

1/ load internet explorer
    2/ type in www.gmail.com
    3/ enter login details
    4/ page fails to load of account 1 but will work for account 2

is that whats happening?

I click start, run and type in 'google' from there I get sent to my igoogle page through which I used get into my gmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I click start, run and type in 'google' from there I get sent to my igoogle page through which I used get into my gmail.
    What virus/firewall security do you have installed? Is it subscription-based? Has the subscription expired recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I assume you can access other pages.

Download a different browser to check if its an IE problem or a system problem.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox
    or
    http://www.google.com/chrome/

There may be an issue with secure websites although it would usually affect all users.
    When you go to www.live.ie does the page load.

Cheers Hearny, did the Mozilla thinggy and have gmail again. Don't understand it but it's there. Thanks again for all the advice.

Advertisement