Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Certificate in Culinary Arts?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm thinking about doing this course next year, has anyone here got experience of the course. Is this a good way of becoming a chef? I know there is a 9 month total imersion chef programme, but it just started and I don't want to wait around til next January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

drop into the college and ask

Theres signs up sayin they're still takin in people

AFAIK the chef course is just a year of work experience placement with some classes durin the week
    but thats a good thing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

its actually work exp all over the summer from what i know. it is a pretty intense course (but then so is being a chef) so it will really test your commitment skills and whatnot. if you ain't sure deffo drop into the college. you don't want to sign up, get in and then find it isn't for you. mind you cao is closed except for late applicants now so you would want to get a scoot on :P

I applied for this course in 9 different colleges and a degree programme in DIT so fingers crossed :D

Advertisement